Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$31,600.00 - $52,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?Our InsuraMatch Customer Care Advisor trainees will work in a dynamic service center where professionalism and commitment to our team environment is highly valued. Advisors handle a large volume of inbound calls from our customers, agents, and third parties. Within established timeframes, the Advisor assists customers, agents, and third parties with policy inquiries and changes, billing questions and technical support. Advisors respond to agent requests for quotes or changes to policies or product lines, as well as customer support on policy options such as additional deductible, basic coverages and discounts. This role handles a high volume of inbound calls. The Advisor will also process policy change requests, work independently on project assignments and other work handled in the Customer Solutions Center. Advisors are expected to exercise good judgment, flexibility and friendliness in their interactions. As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration. This job works under direct supervision and does not manage others.
9:00 AM - 5:30 PM EST for 1st month
Work Schedule After Training:
10:45 AM - 7:15 PM EST
What Will You Do?
- Learns to represent InsuraMatch in a positive manner while building customer rapport.
- Learns how to answer questions regarding policies, coverages and premiums; assumes ownership for thorough follow up on all contacts.
- Learns how to deliver first call resolution to make it easy for the customer.
- Learns how to respond to customer/agent requests for quotes or changes to existing policies.
- Learns how to review cancellations and reinstatements and makes appropriate decisions to resolve with guidance.
- Learn how to ensure current and complete documentation of all account notes.
- Upon completion of training, this role will:
- Assist customers with simple intent calls.
- Accurately enter and update policy information into the various processing systems and handle phone inquiries.
- Develop and foster Agent/Company Relationships.
- Perform research and initiate changes/corrections to customer's policies according to established procedures and sound business judgment.
- Meet and/or exceed the expectations of customers and agents, providing professional and efficient service at all times through positive interactions and extensive product knowledge.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Resident Property and Casualty or Personal Lines Insurance License preferred.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university is a plus.
- Prior insurance and/or call center experience preferred.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- High energy and motivation to follow up and take ownership.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn new functions within the Customer Solutions Center.
What is a Must Have?
- High school diploma or GED required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.