Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$35,200.00 - $58,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?This position is responsible for accurately researching, analyzing and providing insurance policy information and documentation which directly impacts the company's financial responsibilities and supports the company's position pertaining to pending litigation, claim and underwriting cases. The incumbent must display strong research abilities, critical decision making capabilities, excellent customer focus, and understand the information and/or documents obtained are proprietary and need to be handled with the strictest of confidence. This position is based full time in our [insert location] office.
What Will You Do?
- Properly and timely analyze, interpret or disseminate insurance documents to fulfill customer requests from various sources including but not limited to: HOST applications; Web applications; document imaging software; microfilm; microfiche; and paper.
- Understand and utilize filing standards to properly search and retrieve information and documents.
- Work with highly sensitive, confidential and proprietary documents and information, the individual must adhere to corporate and department standards and regulations, to create, edit and route electronic documents (PDF) to customers within established timeframes.
- Communicate to customers, both verbally and written, regarding completeness and accuracy of information available and provide status updates as needed.
- Resolves moderately complex issues and escalate as required.
- Monitor unit work queue to manage current work items, close completed requests and obtain new assignments within established time constraints.
- Utilizing an electronic log and production report, accurately track completed work.
- Responsible for operating and maintaining microfilm/microfiche equipment to create electronic files from fiche and film. When necessary contact equipment vendor for any major maintenance and/or repair.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- 1 to 2 years insurance experience preferred.
- Familiarity with insurance policy documents preferred.
- Ability to operate Minolta Microfilm/Microfiche equipment preferred.
- Knowledge of Records Management Software preferred.
- FileNet Image Services and Content Navigator experience (1 year) preferred.
- Ability to navigate and utilize HOST and Web applications preferred.
- Ability to meet daily Productivity and Quality metric requirements.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively.
- Ability to manipulate pdf files to reflect necessary information.
- Ability to prioritize, manage time well, multitask and troubleshoot while working in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Strong attention to detail with an emphasis on quality and the ability to focus for extended periods of time.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills to address issues that arise from day to day work.
- Ability to remain calm and effective in high-stress situations.
- Strong customer focus and communications skills, both written and verbal, regularly communicating with internal and external partners.
- Ability to safeguard records and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Detail-oriented, dependable and trustworthy.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, accept responsibility for own actions and acts with integrity in all business dealings.
What is a Must Have?
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- One year Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Professional experience required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.