Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$106,800.00 - $176,200.00
What Is the Opportunity?Accountable for driving development and implementation of strategy for a key component of customer experience, within assigned business or customer group. Develops and/or partners with communications to drive customer experience results within scope of accountabilities. Deliver customer-centric copy/text across a variety of channels effectively. Support initiatives to promote the brand, generate traffic, improve retention and loyalty and create customer excitement for Travelers products and services. Focus on improving customer-facing digital interactions through research findings, including VOC, claim survey data, and journey analysis. Act as a CX liaison to the Claim Business Delivery Office (BDO) and Claim Experience Design (XD), Claim Product business partners, Personal & Business Insurance, et al.
What Will You Do?
- Manages a key component of customer engagement and digital adoption by consulting cross-functionally on various customer interfaces, which may include one or more of the following accountabilities:
- Identifying customer interaction areas and pain points.
- Developing customer tone of voice.
- Delivering customer-centric copywriting and copyediting across a variety of channels
- Improving customer-facing interfaces using a more conversational tone.
- Developing cohesive recommendations to functional areas based on feedback.
- Serving as main CX contact for all customer-facing digital platform work.
- Participating in Claim customer journeys and partnering with appropriate areas (Product, BDO, Claim U, ECX, etc.) on the planning and execution of certain journey deliverables when necessary.
- Acting as a strategic advisor by sharing actionable insights to improve CX and partnering with functional areas to implement recommendations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- College degree in related field, or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience in customer and/or market research.
- Experience in customer-focused field, with demonstrated business impact.
- Advanced interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Advanced presentation skills.
- Advanced writing and editing skills.
- General knowledge of appropriate methods and techniques for communicating with multiple audiences.
- Experience managing projects.
- Knowledge of Insurance and/or Financial Services industry.
- Knowledge of processes of business functions supported. Experience in claim/claims management is helpful.
- Staff management experience may be required.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with team members and leaders, in own and other business areas.
- Demonstrated analytic skills to develop recommendations.
- Demonstrated understanding and use of technology.
- May manage staff.
What is a Must Have?
- Minimum of 6 years working in customer experience related fields.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.