Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$86,700.00 - $143,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under limited supervision, Will be the primary point of accountability to the LOB technology partners and other stakeholders across the IT enterprise for the end to end Release Management lifecycle, which includes scheduling, coordination and the management of LOB releases. The releases may include application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, projects and programs. The Release Manager works collaboratively with all participants in the planning, preparation and successful execution of release day activities. The position also works with IT management to continually improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with the building, deploying and updating of software and environments. Does not manage others.
What Will You Do?
- Define and implement a comprehensive release approach, including people, process and tools.
- Seek continuous improvement opportunities to mature the release management process (identify organizational needs, identify/deploy solutions).
- Create a comprehensive Release Day Execution Plan (tasks, timeframes, dependencies, owners) and manage to the plan on Release deployment days.
- Partner across the organization in order to assemble release scope. Manage LOB teams through release level milestones. Identify risk and drive risk mitigation actions (as needed). Identify issues and facilitate resolution.
- Coordinate deployment day support across LOB and the enterprise IT team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Related Bachelor degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Typically has 5 or more years of experience.
- Technical Knowledge:
- Has a solid working knowledge of capabilities and direction of technology, coupled with an in-depth knowledge of the technology required and the needs of business environment necessary to support assigned systems and/or projects.
- Has thorough working knowledge of all programming disciplines and a thorough understanding of the business that the assigned systems are supporting.
- Uses understanding of the business and systems environment to develop appropriate and timely solutions to daily issues.
- Has conceptual knowledge of varying technologies and the ability to make decisions based on that knowledge.
- Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjusts communication based on audience.
- Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team members - including active listening, effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team.
- Able to present complex technical concepts to audiences of varying size and level.
- Business Knowledge & Partnership:
- Creates an atmosphere where business partner's issues are dealt with professionally and in a timely manner.
- Suggests timely solutions that are based on appropriate risk tolerance, and business objectives.
- Facilitates timely decision making.
- Communicates openly and effectively in a manner consistent with the audience.
- Demonstrates an adaptive style that is flexible and effective in gaining cooperation of others
- Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Demonstrates sound analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are not readily defined and/or conflict with available information.
- Knows where to obtain information needed to make the appropriate decisions.
- Breaks a problem down to manageable pieces and implements effective, timely solutions.
- Is very good at identifying the problem versus the symptom.
- Deals increasingly with problems that require involvement of others to solve.
- Has the ability to reach sound decisions quickly.
- Carefully evaluates alternative risks and solutions before taking action.
- Optimizes the use of all available resources.
- Team Orientation:
- Maintains effective partnerships across the organization and is able to influence senior management, peers and subordinates through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities and knowledge.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Puts success of team above own interest.
- Supports a distinct business unit or several smaller functions.
- Responsibilities are assigned with some latitude for setting priorities and decision-making using established policies and procedures.
- Results are reviewed with next level manager for clarification and direction before proceeding.
- Develops operational plans and provides task resource estimation planning.
- Proposes action plans that are timely, realistic and positive.
- Sets appropriate goals for the area and monitors progress against the plan.
- Delegates to maximize organizational effectiveness.
- Financial Awareness:
- Able to assess the financial impact of recommended designs/solutions.
What is a Must Have?
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in related field.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.