Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$114,700.00 - $189,300.00
What Is the Opportunity?This role is part of the Travelers Investigative Services Data & Analytics team. Travelers Investigative Services provides industry-first resources designed to detect and deter fraudulent claims. Using some of the most comprehensive technology available, our highly trained and experienced professionals have the abilities and expertise to identify potential risks and combat fraudulent claims practices.
The Data & Analytics team in TIS is evolving to bring new data, technology, insights and methodologies into the organization. The industry continues to be challenged with the variety of ways fraudsters can take advantage of insurance companies and their processes, which includes leveraging new technology.
Our vision is to advance our ability to fuel analytic-driven business decisions by accelerating cross-enterprise collaboration and capabilities. As a Sr. Manager, Decision Science, you will combine data expertise, statistical principles, business understanding, relationship building, and communication skills that will help to advance analytical maturity and business outcomes. Through explanatory modeling and analytics as well as experimental design and related inferential techniques, you will surface actionable insights that influence business decisions and strategies. Simply put, you are helping the business understand 'the why' underneath business trends and data.
Within TIS this position will help expand the variety of ways we can leverage Data & Analytics to combat fraud. This position will drive various initiatives which includes quantifying our fraud exposure and the impact to our loss payouts, developing statistical approaches to support our workflows as well as leveraging industry and other 3rd party data to help with staffing analysis and to develop other operational metrics and benchmarks.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
- Utilize a deep understanding of the business to procure data for current and future analysis or prototypes for new data asset, while following coding best practices.
- Seek opportunities to provide stronger data quality and recommend improvements.
- Determine and use appropriate techniques that may include complex diagnostic analysis, active monitoring and/or multivariate methods designed to answer business questions, test hypotheses, or assess impacts and results.
- Explore and propose new data and analytic tools, techniques and industry best practices to apply to business problems.
- Apply appropriate visualization (charts, graphs, maps, etc.) to analytic insights so that they may be delivered to various audiences.
- Interpret and communicate findings to key stakeholders. Recommend optimal business action based on balancing business constraints and analytical findings.
- Leverage existing organizational partnerships across lines and functional teams to influence analytic outcomes and start to inform strategic decisions.
- Be a mentor or resource for less experienced analytic talent, onboard new employees and interns, and provide support for recruiting and talent assessment efforts.'
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM related field, or a Business School Master's Degree with a concentration in a technical or analytical field.
- Five years of related data and analytic experience.
- Experience using explanatory, diagnostic, and inferential techniques such as experimental design, hypothesis testing, clustering analysis, time series and other statistical modeling algorithms with the ability to decide the appropriate methodology for the purpose.
- Experience working on large-scale multidimensional data using advanced knowledge of open-source cloud-enabled analytical programming languages.
- Ability to foresee challenges and proactively look for ways to create more efficient processes for the business.
- Experience leading and managing complex projects.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact and translate analyses and methodology at various levels of the organization.
- Proactively build and own professional business relationships across the data & analytics community across the Enterprise.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree or four years of experience in data, analytics, engineering, science, technical analytical fields or relevant experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.