Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$89,400.00 - $147,400.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under general supervision, demonstrates a thorough understanding of the activities performed related to engineering support, installation and/or operations of Java runtime-based infrastructure technologies such as IBM Liberty. Plans at an operational level designing and developing technology solutions interfacing with appropriate customers, management and technical resources. Facilitates and/or participates in the design, development, and implementation of large complex technology solutions supporting one or more business and/or technology areas. Develops and implements appropriate solutions that may involve multiple platforms, from traditional IaaS to PaaS and other container-based technologies. Strong ability to multi-task in an environment of changing priorities.
What Will You Do?
- Responsible for leading projects that involves design and development of the complex Middleware environment involving IHS, WebSphere Application Server, Liberty, JBoss, Tomcat and others runtime technologies.
- Responsible to integrate SSO with Application and configuration management.
- Create WebSphere profiles and configuring security, security domain, LDAP configuration.
- Build Docker-base runtime images and Cloud Foundry buildpack for application developers to consume.
- Overseeing deployment and operational tasks, monitoring application server performance, modifying and updating technical documentation.
- Work with live applications to provide problem diagnosis, create configuration reports, and conduct internal tests.
- Evaluates systems specifications regarding customer requirements, transforming specifications into cost-effective, technically correct solutions.
- Prioritizes work and manages projects within established budget objectives and customer priorities.
- Responsible for establishing and managing to established quality control and security protocols.
- Provides the division, department and business area management with timely and accurate information regarding the status and performance of the assigned project(s).
- With minimal supervision, leverages technology to develop, redesign and/or implement optimal technology solutions.
- Interacts with customers to achieve efficient, effective results.
Multi-tasks, prioritizes according to business priorities and production availability requirements.
- When necessary, participate in on-call or incident response during off-hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Five years of experience in Technology preferred.
- Experience providing technical direction to project teams preferred.
- Knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as Network, Database, Server, Storage, DNS, Load-balancer, TLS certifcates, Virtual Machines, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following technical skills:
- Java Programming Language
- Linux shell scripting and operating system administration
- HTTP protocol and TLS Ciphers
- PowerShell and Windows operating system administration
- Thread and Memory analysis
- XML and JSON data format
What is a Must Have?
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience, required.
- Three years of engineering-level experience in Technology required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.