Moderate Outside Claims Service Leader - Chicago, IL
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary:
Unexpected events are often unnerving. So, it takes someone special to put the pieces back together for our customers.
This is the opportunity youve been looking for to truly impact someones life! Start your claims professional career today asa Moderate Outside Claims Service Leaderandbe part of our dynamic team!
As a Claims Service Leader, you will leaddirect reportsinhelping themachieveexceptional performanceofyour business units processes.Youllbein charge ofencouraging positive behaviors and initiatives in support of the Claims Compass to your staff.A day in the life of a Moderate Outside Claims Service Leader
- Empower staff to empathically meet the needs of their customers by providing them exceptional customer service their claims process.
- Celebrate accomplishments upon review of customer stat reviews and develop action plans when needed
- Provide a helpful working environment to employees and encourage the understanding around business unit objectives, results, and processes.
- Support continuous development to assist the employee in pursuing their career goals
- Lead staff effectively using various performance management techniques including checkpoints, goal setting, and PDSs.
- Quickly assess, address demand and capacity and pivot hourly to drive team results and meet customer expectations
- Make quick, confident decisions and re-evaluate as new information comes in
- Follow company, state, and federal compliance rules and regulations while ensuring compliance across business unit.
- Address training needs in business unit and provide coaching and mentoring continuously
- Problem solving and contributing to team goals by sharing ideas and opinions
- Calibrate and partner with other leaders within the organization to drive results and move claims to closure
- Flexibility to work in a variety of environments - independently, within a team, face-to-face, and virtually
This position requires frequent travel within the Chicago, IL area.You're a great match for this role if you:
- Reside in the Chicago, IL area
- Haveprior experienceworking in or leading a group of staff inproperty
- Have 3years prior experience usingXactimateestimating software. (Level 3 certification preferred)
- Can work on complex assignments and apply analyticalproblem solvingmethods
- Are skilled in negotiations and/or arbitrations and can teach others
- Work in continuously improving processes and procedures and encourage the same with your staff
- Value providing an effortless customer service experience
- Are organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Are known for being organized and accountable
- Are known for clear and professional communication both written and verbal
- Have a bachelors degree and/or priorleadershipexperience
- Being bilingual and/or having prior military experience is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Company vehicle
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company-matched 401(k) and company-funded pension
- A culture of learning where you can expect to develop foundational skills for the future
- Opportunities for both personal and professional development
- Leadership teams that are communicative and engaged
- Impactful work by serving customers and the community in times of need
- Recognition and advancement opportunities
- Learn more about Allstate benefits @https://allstategoodlife.com
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is$90,000.00-$122,800.00 per yearand is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.