The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, youll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
Allstate is seeking a passionate leader to drive the quality standards for delivering our next generation platform. In this role, the Director of Engineering will partner with development to ensure that testability, scalability, security, and accessibility are integrated into overall architecture. You will be responsible for the quality practices and heavily leveraging test automation to uncover issues and maintain a very high quality bar throughout our CI/CD pipeline deployments to each environment. Your mission will be to enable engineers and to accelerate the delivery of our products with high quality, reliability, and customer satisfaction.Key Responsibilities
- Partner with the architecture team to ensure that the code is instrumented for testability and automation to drive better productivity and efficiency within the agile sprints
- Oversee architecture and critical implementations, product and code quality, and use of best practices focused on leveraging Test First techniques and high degrees of automation to ensure high quality, performant, scalable, and robust solutions.
- Develop, track, and communicate progress and risks to technology roadmap, maintaining alignment with product roadmap to various stakeholders while owning quality responsibility for projects.
- Own end-to-end testing of quality, availability, security, and performance of key services and user experiences.
- Partner with stakeholders to instill quality from the start by participating in user centric technology strategy and product development through all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Partner cross-functionally to define joint initiatives and co-create solutions, collaborating across functional and product areas to bring the best of Allstate to the customer.
- Lead by example, mentor an organization of quality engineers and engineering managers, and establish credibility through quality technical execution.
- Establish an efficient, highly productive quality engineering organization that consistently delivers on time and on target and managing a budget predictably that demonstrates this efficiency and productivity.
Education and Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience, preferably an advanced degree. 10+ years engineering and quality/testing experience preferably in Android, IOS, mobile, web-based applications, and cloud technologies.
- People management and leadership experience, preferably 10+ years of management experience of globally distributed teams.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Experience with complex enterprise platforms with an emphasis in quality engineering practices and applying technology and automation to solve business problems.
- Understanding of microservices, Kubernetes, containers, modern app development, and modern cloud operations.
- Strong foundation in computer science data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- Expertise in industry leading tools and open source automation and CI/CD tools/frameworks (i.e. Jenkins, Maven, Selenium WebDriver, REST Assured, Perfecto, Sauce Labs, LoadRunner, Performance Center, Expresso, XCUI Test, SWIFT, etc.)
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across organizational boundaries, build relationships, and import and export talent and ideas to achieve a broader organizational goal.
- Effective presentation skills, with the ability to deliver a polished and professional business and technical pitch to the C-Suite and Board levels.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.