Business Consultant Analytics (Remote- Home based)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary:
Business Analytics Consultants (BACs) use a mix of business consulting, technical, and solution implementation skills to help Allstate maximize (and accelerate) the business value of data & analytics. BACs work alongside data, analytics, business, and technology stakeholders as integrators and translators to effectively, efficiently, and consistently implement work across the company.
The BAC Consultant II position is a consultant position that will use business and technical acumen to aid in the development of analytical processes and solutions for the business vertical in which they are aligned to. The Consultant is responsible for clear communication among stakeholders and ensuring the project(s)/product(s) are fulfilling all agreed upon criteria when delivered. The consultant will identify potential business problems that can be solved with data and analytics-based solutions and looks for recommendations. Additionally, the BAC Consultant will be exposed to the ins and outs of developing data strategies for predictive analytic applications, fundamental skills of big data, data science and statistical learning methods, and agile delivery methodologies.Key Responsibilities:
Strategic Consulting Aligning data, analytics, business, and technology objectives and outcomes
- Develops fundamental understanding of core business problems and looks for opportunities and recommendations to use advance analytics.
- Supports activities to develop strategies and identify high priority initiatives.
- Support by providing direction as to where data and analytics could be leveraged in order to make key business decisions.
- Develops a solid tactical understating of how the business works, what their operational processes look like, and where data and analytics could be leveraged in order to make more effective data-driven decisions.
Project and Portfolio Management Agilely managing and communicating roadmaps, dependencies, and risks
- Supports high complex projects/products and drives lower impact projects/products from ideation to delivery in an Agile framework, with an emphasis on measurable, value add deliverables.
- Supports clear product/project communication throughout the project/product to all stakeholders involved regarding scope, timeline, issues, and any revisions to them.
Solution Delivery Accelerating development and implementation of sustainable, scalable solutions
- Keeps abreast of industry and technology developments and supports experiments to identify new tools, methods and techniques to meet the needs of the business.
- Understands data visualization and develops solutions using tools such as Tableau in order to effectively communicate and support the translation of data and analytics insights in business terms to key stakeholders.
- Support the Data Scientists with high-level model design by providing business requirements, create data visualizations, and provide an understanding of data domains and their impact to the business.
- Maintains and supports partnerships through the development process to in order to ensure the successful transition of low complexity research to an operational state within the business unit.
This job does not have supervisory duties.Education and Experience:
- 2 or more years of related experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Possess quantitative and analytical thinking skills
- Demonstrate business acumen to support consulting efforts with business clients
- Experience with analytical tools, such as SQL, R, Python and Tableau
- Ability to make sound decisions utilizing problem solving approaches and decision frameworks
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into meaningful conclusions and recommendations to business clients
- Effectively communicate concepts, tools and techniques
- Manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines and comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment
- Ability to support data and technical projects Ability to revise and communicate tactics to support changing strategies and direction
- Excellent presentation skills; presenting ideas to multiple levels of stakeholders, including senior leaders
Compensation offered for this role is$57,500.00-$107,000.00 per yearand is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.