Sourcing and Contracting Consultant - IT Category Lead (Remote)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary:Allstates Sourcing and Procurement Solutions (SPS) department is seeking individuals who have significant experience in Information Technology related strategic sourcing, category management and procurement operations to add to our team. The ideal candidate for this opportunity will possess proficiency in IT categories including:
- Software (both on-premises and SaaS)Hardware (client computing and infrastructure; including working with value-add resellers)Network & TelecomIT Services
This role has no direct team management responsibilities but will manageindirect relationships and require the ability to influence multiple stakeholders at various levels in the execution of work responsibilities. This candidate has the responsibility to manage internal relationships by anticipating changing business conditions and consulting with key clients by coordinating and or leading sourcing/project teams and advisory boards as it relates to the IT category.
This role utilizes a disciplined strategic sourcing methodology to deliver procurement value which in turn enables clients to deliver on their commitments.This role is responsible for the enforcement of policy, procedures and enables compliance reporting to govern the IT spend category.The successful candidate(s) will have proven capabilities to independently draft effective communications, emails, presentation materials, and conduct demand management assessments in support of assigned commodities/ assignments.Key Responsibilities:
- Proactively assess sourcing and category opportunities by gathering spend information, assessing category purchasing patterns, leveraging structured spend analysis of supplier/category industry, economics, market conditions, and expiring contracts to make recommendations based on these findings.
- Knowledge of key contractual clauses, pricing models, and the ability to lead negotiations for medium to high complexity projects.
- Involved with the development and execution of an overarching category strategy and plan.
- Effective communicator with the ability to collaborate with internal clients and stakeholders to understand their business needs and objectives and establish requirements.
- Establish sourcing strategies which include evaluation of sourcing alternatives, identifying the sourcing approach, and establishing project plan / timeline to deliver an effective sourcing solution.
- Effectively drive execution of the sourcing strategy for key projects which includes ability to create and utilize the most appropriate sourcing tools / templates, align business client needs, identify supply alternatives (inclusive of diverse suppliers), effectively communicate with suppliers, and influence cross functional teams / advisory groups.
- 5+ years experience leading IT sourcing and procurement efforts for highly complex, large spend, business critical, and/or high-risk projects.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience required, MBA preferred
- (CPSM) CPM and/or CPCU designation preferred
- Advanced knowledge of procurement techniques, tools, practices and principles
- Experience leading large, complex RFPs for SaaS, on premise software, and IT services solutions
- Strong negotiation skills and experience
- Project management and organizational skills
- Experience with prioritizing projects and review with management
- Advanced analytical capabilities, including cost models
- Experience with conducting issue analysis, solution development, and conflict resolution
- Customer focus and Stakeholder management
- Experience with influencing actions/decisions of customers and suppliers (at all levels)
- Experience developing entry level employees (directly or indirectly) a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is$80,500.00-$134,800.00 per yearand is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.