Enterprise Architect - Storage Domain - Remote
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.Job Summary:
As part of the Cloud and Infrastructure Architecture team, qualified candidates will be part of a highly collaborative team accountable for defining and driving our cloud and enterprise compute, network, and storage strategies. You will own the definition of the desired target state for storage platforms across both Public and Private clouds and create the associated roadmaps on how to get there on several infrastructure and cloud related initiatives.
The Architect serves as a technical leader undertaking complex initiatives requiring specialized technical knowledge. The Architect will make and drive decisions on complex or ambiguous IT architecture issues, coordinating with users to determine requirements, and ensuring improvements are successfully implemented and monitored, finding ways to increase efficiency.Key Responsibilities:
- Partner across business and technology disciplines to present and deliver the needed architectures.
- Consult on the application of reference architecture, strategic direction of enterprise technology, and serve as subject matter expert with contextual knowledge of the business model.
- Develop and utilize reusable patterns, practices, and enterprise reference architectures that fit within the overall Allstate architectural blueprint.
- Assist withdrafting the business caseincluding identification ofpotential business/customer benefits and identify opportunities to enhance existing architecture.
- Influence clients and partners to prioritize for enterprise benefit and risk reduction and assist in driving the adoption of technology solutions that leverage existing patterns, practices and reference architectures.
- Work with strategic vendors and partners to review and influence product roadmaps, strategies, run proof of concepts, and identify gaps and solutions.
- Participate in industry-related conferences and events.
- Provide technical and professional leadership and coach more junior level Architects.
- 5+ years of experience in infrastructure engineering in the enterprise storage domain (Block/File/Object Storage and Software Defined Storage in the Public and Private Cloud)
- 5+ years technical experience in IT architecture/design
- 4+ years experience in SDLC (requirements, design, build, test, deploy) or similar
- 4+ years experience managing Infrastructure components via APIs (Software Defined Infrastructure or Infrastructure as Code)
- 2+ years road mapping experience
- Broad infrastructure knowledge including the design and delivery of IT services to the Infrastructure consumer
- Experience in providing persistent storage for containerized environments - preferably Kubernetes
- Deep experience inthe following: Hybrid Cloud, platforms, security, networking
- Microservice development experience
- API development experience
- Integration experience preferably Kafka and Apigee
- Cloud certifications and/or cloud experience with any major Cloud platform (AWS/Azure preferred)
- Application development experience
- 7 or more years of related experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
This job does not have supervisory duties.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Compensation offered for this role is$100,400.00-$159,575.00 per yearand is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.