Staff Internal Auditor (Remote Home-Based Worker)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary:
Staff Auditors will start in a fast-paced environment supporting various Internal Audit projects and strategies. Staff Auditors will be responsible for supporting audit projects across cross-functional areas and teams with moderate leadership oversight. This role will apply a risk-based approach to audit projects that are operational and strategic in nature, will develop audit programs and project plans and have full accountability for the lifecycle of audit projects. The role will include working in a collaborative environment to deliver reviews where knowledge and experiences can be leveraged to achieve results. Staff Auditors can expect to also collaborate with partners across the business to understand processes and initiatives throughout Allstate.
Staff Auditors will be mentored on the various organizations within Allstate, our auditing methodologies, as well as gaining the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities needed to help you have a successful career in the Allstate Internal Audit department.
This position is a permanent remote home-based worker. Your home office does not need to be near an Allstate office, but it does need to be in the United States. This position is eligible for a monthly connectivity reimbursement to offset the costs of internet and phone expenses.Key Responsibilities:
- Support audit engagements over various enterprise areas
- Assist in development of audit programs through audit planning processes, including risk assessment, process analysis, and control evaluation
- Participate in execution of audit engagements through audit testing, documentation, and communication of results
- Partner with Management across the enterprise to understand auditable areas and address audit issues
- Coordinate work with other team members and leadership through department initiatives including but not limited to data analytics and fraud strategies
This job does not have supervisory duties.Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- 2+ years experience (including internships) in Internal Audit.
- Experience completing operational audits.
- 2+ years of Allstate, Internal Audit, Public Accounting, or related business experience preferred.
- CPA, CISA or CIA certification a plus
- Ability to work independently as well as in a strong team environment
- Able to set project timeframes for self and team members to meet project objectives with minimal oversight
- Intermediate project management skills
- Basic understanding of audit theory and application
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and comfort in dealing with the unknown
- Understanding of fundamental IT concepts
- Strong relationship building skills
- Basic critical thinking and problem-solving skills around business issues
- Proficiency in business-related computing applications (e.g., Microsoft Office applications)
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is$56,600.00 - $80,000.00 per yearand is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.