Solution Architect - Remote
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary:
TIMINGS:Monday-Friday 8:00 AM -5:00 PM Eastern Time
Allstate Benefits is a leading provider of voluntary insurance.We are committed to providing superior products and services with cutting edge technology, exceptional customer service and compassionate claims administration.With over 40,000 groups in force and insuring more than 3 million employees, we deliver the promise of the Good Hands every day!
Allstate Benefits is recruiting a Solution Architect that serves as an expert in IT systems architecture, undertaking complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge. The Architect interacts with business and IT leadership and makes decisions on complex or ambiguous architecture issues, coordinating with domain architects and delivery managers to ensure adherence to the Allstate Target State Architecture. Also ensures that solutions are scalable and robust.
The Solution Architect will work with many departments and systems to create business solutions, bringing together business requirements with innovative technologies and guide the strategic solution through to implementation.The candidate should bring in top-level skills in enterprise systems and collaboration to help development teams transform technical debt into innovation opportunities. The ideal candidate will have a broad range of knowledge, but also be able to become an expert in key areas.
- Develop reusable patterns, practices, and reference architectures through research, Proof of Concept builds and relationship with Allstate Enterprise Architects
- Ensure the application of TSA in the creation of business solutions through relationship with Allstate Enterprise
- Provide consultation to teams on the tactical application of reference architectures and thestrategicdirection of enterprise technology
- Interact with executive level leadership from Allstate business and technology communicate roadmaps towards the delivery of highly complex solutions
- Communicate technology strategy to leaders and knowledge workers via roadmaps, conceptual diagrams and solution documents
- Hold summits with technologists and businesspeople to identify opportunities for innovation
- Using independent research and analysis of industry and technology trends, provide actionable ideas for innovation and business capability development
- Help drive Allstate Benefits Transformation Program and communicate technology strategy to leaders and knowledge workers via architecture runway, roadmaps, conceptual diagrams and solution documents
- Drive change from within IT through communication with teams regarding processes, standards and culture
- Support vendor selection and analysis process by evaluating vendor architecture's fit within the Allstate ecosystem and Target State Architecture
- College Degree with technical study or equivalent experience
- 7+ years technical experience in architecture/design
- Excellent communication skills are a must.
- Experienced with Web Service (SOA, Rest, Micro)
- Experienced developing applications usingJavaa must!Nice to have would be .NET Core, Node JS, React, Go and/or Scala
- Experience with Cloud Technologies including CaaS, SaaS, PCF (Pivotal Cloud Foundry) as part of solution design
- Experience refactoring and/or re-platforming applications to run in AWS or Azure cloud environment
- Experience and knowledge in Microservices, Web and API including security authentication, authorization, OAuth, OWASP, OpenID, and SAML
- Experience with No SQL technologies such as MongoDB and Hadoop
- Experience working with distributed technologies:
- Integration and Design Patterns
- Messaging interfaces (MQ, JMS)
- Messaging interfaces (Kafka)
- Business Process Modeling
- Large scale Digital Transformation Program experience
- Benefits/Insurance Industry Experience
Compensation range for this position is $96,500-$170,000per year, based on experience and qualifications.
Additional up to 10% yearly bonus potential
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.