Arity, Director, Mobile Engineering
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work herethe dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
Thats because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldnt be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We dont just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.The Role
As an engineering lead, you will managing a 40-50 people strong globally distributed team. You team will be responsible for building our iOS and Android SDK deployed with 50-60M user, as well as Aritys Telematics mobile application Routley deployed with millions of insurance customers.
- Work with a fully distributed remote engineering team to develop and implement the product roadmap
- Develop and implement an appropriate technical and data architecture to ensure a scalable, extensible, secure, and flexible platform
- Lead the design and development of the mobile SDKs and applications
- Hire, onboard, lead and develop a highly skilled and motivated team of engineers and engineering managers
- Establishes vision, direction, and specific objectives for team efforts; allows freedom to accomplish objectives
- Collects staff performance data against desired outcomes and service level agreements
- Participate in product scoping, discovery and framing, and inceptions providing technical input and helps translate user features into system design
- A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- 2+ years of senior engineering management experience leading leaders
- 5+ years of management experience
- Proven experience building and developing SDK's.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Mobile Architectural concepts, Development, Deployment and Support within iOS/Android
- Able to understand the strategy / objectives of Arity and then chart a technical roadmap for how to achieve those goals
- Significant experience working with cross-functional teams like product management, design, QA, customer support; as well as external third-party vendors and OEMs
- Provide an environment that attracts and retains top talent
- Experience designing and delivering enterprise class solutions and mobile experiences for customers
- Extensive experience and passion for Mobile design patterns, best practices and frameworks across iOS and Android
- Strong knowledge of Objective C or Swift, Kotlin or Java, AWS, Docker, RDBMSetc, DevOps tools like Git, Artifactory, Jenkins and TDD experience
- Experience with multi-threaded environment and a complex software workflow is a big plus
- Experience and knowledge in Mobile and API security including encryption, authentication, authorization, OAuth, OWASP, OpenID, and SAML.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including group leadership and executive presentations
Compensation offered for this role isand is based on experience and qualifications.
Thats the day-to-day, now lets talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But youll be working forand atArity. Its the best of both worlds. Youll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. Thats more than just free breakfasts andbrain breaks. Its a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We cant wait to meet you.
Allstate prides itself on offering our employees a robust Total Rewards package which includes base salary. The base range offered for the role is: $165-220K and may vary based on internal equity, and job-related skills, knowledge and experience; among other factors. Other financial components may be added as part of the competitive compensation package, in addition to a full range of benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.