Sourcing and Procurement Senior Manager - Claims Category (Remote)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary:
The Sourcing and Procurement Solutions (SPS) Senior Manager plays a key role with responsibilities leading a team helping Allstate make commercial decisions in how to spend resources effectively and improve customer experience.You will be challenged to solve business problems, working collaboratively on complex procurement projects to add value. Candidates must be confident in their ability to challenge existing ways of working and recognize opportunities that create benefit. Partnering with our business leaders in Claims, the role requires becoming a subject matter expert by researching, analyzing, and advising stakeholders on market dynamics and executing sourcing strategies.
You will be joining other procurement experts working within an entrepreneurial can-do culture that encourages people to innovate on solutions. We look for energetic and inquisitive candidates with ideas, who can think quickly and build relationships. Knowledge of Insurance and Claims Auto, Property and Casualty product categories would be a plus.Key Responsibilities:
- Identify and drive opportunities for improvement of total cost of ownership in addressable Claims categories
- Lead a team to develop and propose category and sourcing strategies that maximize value for Allstate
- Gain stakeholder alignment at all appropriate levels, including Claims executives, and effectively influence
- Gather and analyze internal and external category data to support data-driven decision making
- Work with internal Claims stakeholders to incorporate company strategy and requirements to develop category and sourcing strategies
- Provide strategic expertise for optimal outcomes with context of Allstate market position and stakeholder needs
- Lead and devise negotiation plans and command negotiation process with stakeholders and suppliers
- Translate market research, competitive information, and experience to develop high-quality procurement solutions and value
- Ensure effective supplier and stakeholder management throughout the procurement project lifecycle
- Provide commercial input on contract terms and conditions with suppliers
- Establish category and contract metrics (e.g., KPIs, SLAs) to monitor supplier performance and ensure realized value and category performance
- Establish process to find demand management, performance monitoring and issue resolution partnering with Supplier Management and stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of procurement and the strategic sourcing lifecycle
- Deep business acumen understanding value drivers for Allstate and stakeholders
- Expert ability to transform data into insights with the goal of creating a compelling story
- Excellent people leadership skills with ability to motivate teams and achieve goals
- Experience with proactively formulating strategies to achieve project objectives
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced and agile environment
- Collaborative, strategic thinking with experience in persuading others and gaining alignment of complex ideas
- Strong organization, time management and project management skills
- Change management and customer service excellence mindsets
- Strong analytical capabilities including cost modeling
- Strong negotiator with exceptional influencing skills
- Strong MS Excel, PowerPoint presentation, and data analytical skills
This job does have supervisory duties.Education and Experience:
- Ten or more years of related experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Preferred but not required: CPSM, Six Sigma, CPCU, CIPS
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is$119,700.00-$182,025.00 per yearand is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.