Procurement and Category Management Lead Consultant (Remote)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary:
The Business Operations category team sources and manages a combination of categories in support of Sourcing and Procurement Solutions (SPS) objectives. SPS delivers procurement value through competitive sourcing, effective contract negotiations and securing the lowest total cost of ownership solutions for our internal stakeholders.
The successful Procurement Sourcing Lead effectively manages several sourcing and contract assignments with medium to high degrees of complexity, value and risk with minimal management direction. The key categories handled by the Procurement Sourcing Lead include business services inclusive of data, business intelligence, underwriting and third party administration.
This role is required to consult with internal stakeholders, manage end to end sourcing projects and communicate solutions across functions. This role will utilize Allstates strategic sourcing methodology to deliver procurement value which enables internal stakeholders to deliver on their goals and objectives. Additionally the Procurement Sourcing Manager will assist the Category Manager in developing category sourcing strategies, solutions, and processes to govern internal consumption of various supplier services.Key Responsibilities:
- Use strong industry and sourcing knowledge to collaborate and consult with internal stakeholders to understand their business needs and objectives and establish requirements.
- Execute sourcing strategies for key projects which requires the ability to align business internal stakeholders needs, identify supply alternatives (inclusive of diverse companies), leverage the appropriate sourcing tools/templates, and influence cross functional teams/advisory groups throughout the sourcing and contracting process.
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand business objectives, requirements, market /industry benchmarks/trends, and company purchasing patterns to assess sourcing opportunities.
- Leverage resources (internal and external) to support the implementation of category initiatives, manage procurement project pipeline and develop metrics for overseeing supplier performance and risk, as well as cost savings initiatives and results.
- Lead negotiations of medium to high complexity contracts to drive a clear understanding of supplier performance expectations.
- Support SPS Supplier Management to facilitate business reviews with suppliers and internal stakeholders to measure and monitor supplier performance, contract adherence, identify performance issues and manage resolution through on-going process/service delivery improvement.
- Facilitate and/or participate discussions with internal business stakeholders, expense managers, and key stakeholders to identify demand management guidelines which will govern the use of the services under contract.
- Leverage data and market analytics to provide intelligence, analysis and reporting on each sourcing event.
- Execute all facets of the source to pay processes, ensuring compliance and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Utilize and ensure all appropriate documentation and internal control/compliance standards are met (process, templates, tools, contract database, etc.).
- Provide effective communication (written, conversation) for medium to high complexity topics to influence and gain acceptance and approval of ideas, proposals and solutions from stakeholder leadership.
This job does not have supervisory duties.Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree preferred; Procurement/Supply Chain Management and/or a business-related field
- CPSM (CPM) or similar designation preferred
- 6+ years experience in sourcing and procurement, supplier management and/or contract management
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of procurement and contracting techniques and principles
- Sourcing process, negotiations, contracting, industry/trend analysis, metrics/measurement, etc.
- Procurement tools (i.e., financial reporting, contract management, e-auctions, etc.)
- Experience with RFP development and executionusing Ariba or other eProcurement tool
- Experience with negotiations and contracting appropriate Service Levels and/or compensation models to measure performance
- Must have effective communication and interpersonal skills to interact professionally and objectively with both internal business partners and external suppliers, at all levels
- Strong project management and organizational skills required
- Ability to summarize and prioritize souring projects, and influence direction with senior management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Proficient in Ariba and its various associated modules (RFx, ACC, etc.) is preferred
Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Experience with SAP procurement and financial modules
Advanced analytical capabilities, including compliance trends
Project management and organizational skills
Awareness of corporate and SPS goals
Advanced knowledge of procurement techniques and principles
Experience with S2P Operations, policy creation and refinement, and compliance programs
Experience conducting issue analysis, solution development, and conflict resolution
Effective communication and interpersonal skills, to interact with both internal customers and external suppliers
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is$80,500.00-$134,800.00 per yearand is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.