Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$60,200.00 - $99,300.00
What Is the Opportunity?Travelers Ceded Reinsurance team is critical to reduce risk and ensure enterprise growth. As a Premium Analyst, Ceded Reinsurance Accounting, you are the first point of contact for reviewing and administering premiums for reinsurance contracts. This position will focus on capturing Facultative contract information. You will leverage your relationship building skills to provide excellent service to internal and external partners.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
- Review and comprehend Reinsurance documents to be established and populated into the contract system. Responsible for large volume of data input and document management.
- Calculate, analyze, and record proper ceded financial results within company guidelines.
- Monitor premium payables to ensure timely payments are being made.
- Assist with all reconciliations relating to assigned ceded premium (bookings, payables, and accruals).
- Anticipate and resolve problems and/or make recommendations on possible solutions and refer critical issues to the appropriate level of management.
- Other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- Working knowledge of insurance business or reinsurance.
- Working knowledge of accounting theory and practice.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle shifting priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with business partners.
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to maintain productive professional relationships.
- Ability to analyze and interpret trends and provide insights to management.
- Ability to foresee challenges and proactively look for ways to create more efficient processes for the business.
What is a Must Have?
- Two years of related work experience without a degree is required.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.