Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$49,800.00 - $82,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?InsuraMatch is an independent agency company, owned by Travelers Insurance, that uses an innovative online platform to help consumers compare offerings from more than 40 carriers across the United States. With a focus on personal insurance, InsuraMatch offers coverage for auto, home, boat, motorcycle, renters, umbrella, and flood, among others. InsuraMatch operates independently and manages all carrier partnerships. Under Moderate Supervision, performs professional accounting work to ensure current, accurate and complete financial information. Prepares and compiles routine financial analysis and reports. Position does not manage others
What Will You Do?
- Prepare, evaluate and complete less complex financial activities for various lines of business including journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Compile financial data for variance analysis and reporting of results against expectations. Perform less complex analysis.
- Prepare and maintain less complex components of work papers (i.e. supporting documentation for accounting exhibits).
- Assist in analysis of business changes, including making recommendations and performing less complex assignments.
- Utilize appropriate tools to obtain data necessary to support financial analysis and create financial transactions.
- Responsibilities may include extracting and analyzing data.
- Prepare, evaluate and complete components of less complex internal management based financial reporting, consistent results with corporate policies and standards.
- Prepare, evaluate and complete less complex components of external financial statements including, but not limited to GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), SEC and STAT (Statutory Accounting Principle).
- Prepare, evaluate and complete less complex analyses to support financial/business plans, budget and forecasts for the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- At least 2 year of related work experience
- Experience with Accounting Systems such as Vertafore AIM, AMS360, Applied Epic, i-Engineering A preferred.
- Working knowledge of accounting theory and practice.
- Working Knowledge: Understands basic principles and terminology in order to understand and solve simple problems.
- Intermediate time management skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
What is a Must Have?
- Associates Degree or 2 years related work experience required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.