Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$92,000.00 - $151,800.00
What Is the Opportunity?Join the team that collaborates across Travelers to inform business decisions, drive winning strategies and enable the business to capitalize on change. Enterprise Market Research (EMR) provides business and functional area partners with objective, credible and actionable insights; helping to profitably grow the business, build the brand and positively position Travelers within the marketplace.
You will be working in a dynamic team environment to help understand the needs, behaviors, attitudes, expectations and perceptions of key target audiences (customers, prospects and distribution partners).
The Market Research Manager will be responsible for conducting primary market research (both qualitative and quantitative) on assigned topics and become an expert on connecting the insights to address strategic business questions. Accountabilities include: (1) engage with internal business stakeholders to scope the research need and develop a research proposal that outlines the study objectives, recommends a research methodology (qualitative or quantitative) and an analysis plan; (2) oversee project execution, (3) analyze the data, and (4) develop and deliver compelling, relevant and actionable insights.
Through your work, you will enable key business partners to act upon the knowledge and insight generated by research efforts to make informed business decisions and deliver against critical business objectives.
Travelers offer a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. #LI-Hybrid
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Works on important initiatives that leverage primary research methodologies to support various Business Unit and enterprise-wide decision making.
- Makes methodology recommendations; and leverages internal research operations staff to ensure the selection of appropriate executional resources and processes (e.g., vendor selection, survey design/programming and testing; sample selection, etc.)
- With minimal oversight, executes and manages multiple projects from end to end, including project scoping, project management, research design (qual and quant), analysis and delivery (ideally able to do so for both qualitative and quantitative projects).
- Proactively drive projects forward by identifying challenges and recommending solutions for consideration.
- Responsible for generating relevant business insights.
- Engages in proactive and strategic client engagement to understand their goals/constraints in order to efficiently manage expectations, shape the approach, and deliver positive outcomes that strengthen stakeholder relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of market research or related experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, mathematics, statistics, psychology, anthropology or comparable analytical degree preferred.
- 4+ years of market research or related experience preferred.
- 2+ years of leadership experience (formally or informally).
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Intermediate ability to analyze and summarize data and information from survey or qualitative data.
- Intermediate ability to turn observations derived from data and analysis into actionable insights, including crafting a compelling, business-relevant story.
- Ability to manage research projects from the scoping phase through client delivery, managing to a budget on projects utilizing a vendor with minimal supervision.
- Strong ability to build strong client relationships including the ability to engage with business partners to understand and uncover insight needs.
- Provide subject matter expertise in research methods (quantitative and qualitative), survey design, and a working knowledge of statistical and sampling methods and their appropriate applications.
- Advanced PowerPoint, Word, and Excel skills.
- Conceptual understanding of data collection and processing tools (e.g., Qualtrics, SPSS, Wincross).
- Knowledge, experience and comfort with secondary research best practices a plus.
- Property & Casualty Insurance knowledge and/or B-to-B research experience a plus.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.