Arity-Regulatory Compliance and Privacy Lead Consultant
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer, and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work herethe dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
Thats because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldnt be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We dont just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.Job Summary:
As a member of the Operational Excellence team, youll help make sure the entire Arity team is enabled and empowered to get things done! Its our job to ensure Arity is an industry leader both in terms of the products we offer, and by the way in which we deliver and deploy them to our customers. We are one-part business - for example, contracting with customers and suppliers, and one-part risk managers - tackling tough issues like data security and privacy. Our top candidate embraces ambiguity and change. He/she can see the big picture, understand all the implications that need to be addressed, and lead the team to overcome any hurdles to achieve Aritys goals. Sound like you? Lets talk!The Role:
The Regulatory Compliance and Privacy Lead Consultant (RC-P Lead Consultant) works with partners across Arity to implement and operationalize compliance and privacy control activities. The RC-P Lead Consultant is responsible for various aspects of work in the privacy and compliance space, the operationalization and ongoing support of regulatory compliance programs and maturation of internal initiatives. This includes leading and managing control processes though a collaborative approach; identifying owners to address gaps or ongoing maintenance; obtain regular updates on progress; and providing consultative support across Arity teams. The RC-P Lead Consultant is a trusted partner with leadership to ensure adherence to compliance and contractual obligations through proactive issue detection and remediation in order to protect Aritys brand and reputation.Key Responsibilities:
- Leads and manages regulatory compliance and other processes that span the Arity organization, ensuring completion by assigned timeframes. Processes include:
- Data privacy compliance across various regulations
- Data ingestion, use, processing, and sharing standards
- Data Subject requests
- Privacy Impact Assessments
- Data retention and disposal standards
- Annual compliance certification
- Provides regular reporting and analysis on status of initiatives, escalating appropriately when deadlines are at risk and influencing others as needed to support goals and target dates
- Leverage a measurement-based approach to monitor results to ensure initiatives achieve intended outcomes.
- Owns the development and maintenance of privacy program deliverables and documentation that align value with level of effort
- Functions as a SME for privacy and other regulatory compliance obligations for the company. Providing training and support to the Arity team as needed
- Identifies opportunity areas and challenges, and offers solutions and ideas for continuous improvement
- Assists with projects that carry a high level of complexity and require significant coordination. Projects can originate either internally, from the Enterprise or through external parties
- Serve as a point of contact to respond to inquiries originated from areas like product teams, internal audit, risk, and legal
- Bachelors degree
- 5+ years in regulatory compliance, privacy, risk management, and/or audit
- Have a curious mind to understand the who, what, where, how, and why of requests or issues
- Enjoy effectively communicating with others to drive results
- Possess dynamic and creative presentation delivery skills
- Understand the value of metrics and have ability to leverage data to achieve desired outcomes
- Comfortable with use of Microsoft Office, Confluence, JIRA, and other productivity tools
- Demonstrate flexibility in dynamic, demand-based working environment
- Know when to dive into the details and when to stay high-level
- Experience with CCPA, CPRA, CDPA and GDPR strongly preferred
- Experience with FCRA preferred but not required
- CIPP-US Certification
- CCEP Certification
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau
Compensation offered for this role is$82,000.00-$146,125.00 per yearand is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Thats the day-to-day, now lets talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But youll be working forand atArity. Its the best of both worlds. Youll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. Thats more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. Its a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We cant wait to meet you.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click"here"for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click"here"for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment