Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$98,800.00 - $163,000.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under limited supervision, demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the activities performed related to engineering support, installation and/or operations of Open Cloud Foundry (OCF) hosted in Amazon public cloud. Plans at a tactical level and manages the effective use of technology resources for Cloud Foundry-related projects and functions. May direct assigned project staff to design, develop and/or implement large, complex technology solutions supporting one or more business and/or technology area. Develops and implements appropriate solutions that may involve multiple platforms, databases, software/hardware technologies and tools. Facilitates and/or participates in the design and development of database systems. Strong ability to multi-task in an environment of constantly changing priorities. This job is at a team lead-level grade.
What Will You Do?
- Develops tactics and operational plans in alignment with strategic objectives for Cloud Foundry platforms (Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Open Cloud Foundry).
- Drives the execution of departmental and corporate programs around Cloud Foundry platforms.
- Leverages infrastructure technology to develop and/or redesign technology solutions focused on Cloud Foundry.
- Builds, leverages, and maintains effective alliances across technical and business community to promote and advocate for Cloud Foundry.
- Interacts with customers to achieve efficient, effective results in their solutions targetting Cloud Foundry-based platforms.
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes according to business priorities and production availability requirements.
- Seen as a technical expert within service delivery organization (SDO) and consults across SDOs.
- Lead transformative or high risk PCF and OCF platform changes.
- Act as top level escalation point for the 24x7 PCF & OCF operation support team
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Seven years of experience in Technology preferred.
- Two years of experience as a technical lead preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as Network, Database, Server, Storage, DNS, virtualization, etc. preferred.
- Expert in Container-based technologies such as Docker, Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experienced in Linux operating system and Shell scripting
Expert or Advanced knowledge in at least 10 or more of the following technologies:
- AWS ALB/NLB/ELB, Route53, RDS, EC2
- AWS Certificate Management
- AWS Security Groups and IAM Roles
- Cloud Foundry
- RabbitMQ, including AMQP protocol
- Spring Cloud Services, including Spring Boot and Steeltoe framework
- SMB, NFS protocols
- HTTP, TLS, and DNS protocols
- Digital Certificates (x.509)
- F5 Silverline
- Java, .NET Core or Go programming experience
What is a Must Have?
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience, plus five years of experience in Technology required;
- Alternatively, a Master's degree in CS or a related field and three years of work experience in Technology
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.