Associate Investigator I, Law and Regulation (Remote)
- Allstate Insurance Company
- Work From Home
- Mar 17, 2023
- May 16, 2023
- Legal / Compliance
- Job Type
- Not Specified
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection.
We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Family Summary:
The Investigative Services group investigates instances of suspected dishonesty, violation of Company policy, or violation of state or federal law by the Companys employees or independent contractors.Job Summary:
Under the direction of the Investigative Services Manager and/or Senior Investigator, investigates or gathers evidence and/or information needed for investigations involving suspected dishonesty, violation of Company policy, or violation of state or federal law by the Company s employees or independent contractors and draws conclusions so appropriate action can be taken based on the results of those investigations.Key Responsibilities:
- Consults with Investigative Services Manager to prepare investigation reports regarding employee/independent contractor misconduct and other issues
- Assists in the preparation and presentation of criminal prosecution cases
- May serve as a Company witness in administrative, civil and/or criminal proceedings
- Under the direction of Investigative Services Manager and/or Senior Investigator, travels extensively and works extended/unpredictable hours to gather evidence and information and/or to conduct investigations
- Effectively communicates investigation/fact gathering orally and in written form
- Performs critical work functions under the direction of the Investigative Services Manager and/or Senior Investigator and deals with antagonistic subjects in non-controlled environments
- Handles basic moderately complex investigations
- Possesses basic knowledge of insurance contracts and practices, company organization and procedures, and accounting/banking practices.Possesses basic knowledge of law enforcement and criminal procedure, multi-state employment law, elements of embezzlement/fraud, investigative techniques, interviewing principles, civil procedure and legal rules of evidence.3-4 years of related work experience.Law Degree Strongly Preferred.Strong oral and written communication skills.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is$80,000.00 to $95,000.00and is based on experience and qualifications.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.