Senior Accounting Executive
Senior Accounting Executive
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$99,700.00 - $164,500.00
What Is the Opportunity?Perform accounting services and financial analyses to assist Bond & Specialty Insurance Management Liability personnel in the investigation, analysis, evaluation, and disposition of claims, typically of higher severity or complexity, achieving service excellence and claim results at the most reasonable cost. Interact and collaborate with respective claim and underwriting colleagues as well as with external business associates.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
- Perform forensic accounting services and financial analyses to assist Bond & Specialty Insurance Management Liability personnel in the investigation, analyses, evaluation, and disposition of claims, and submit reports on same, typically of higher severity or complexity.
- Provide forensic accounting expertise in loss validation and quantification calculations to support a best claim outcome and result, including : Crime/Fidelity Employee Theft, and Cyber Crime/Business Interruption.
- Provide financial and reserve analyses to accurately reflect potential/actual loss exposure and severity.
- Assist Claim Executive/Counsel in the preparation of reports and reserve analyses to accurately reflect loss development, potential/actual financial exposure, and reinsurance.
- Identify salvage opportunities in the earliest stages of claim development and coordinate recovery efforts with the Salvage Unit and management.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for management that accurately reflect loss development, potential/actual financial exposure, and recovery issues.
- Provide accounting value -added services and business support to assist leadership in the development of strategic initiatives, market segment procedures, policies, and objectives.
- Provide quality assurances and customer service excellence.
- Provide training and development by leveraging knowledge and mentoring less experienced colleagues.
- Provide technical assistance, guidance and recommendations with accounting issues, principles, standards, and trends as it relates to industry.
- Travel 15% or more to perform on site accounting reviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business or similar discipline preferred
- Typically has 7 years of Accounting or Finance, or related industry experience
- Forensic accounting experience preferred
- CPA designation is a plus
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, financial statements, processes, reports, workflows, and ERP systems.
- Technical Ability:
- Knowledge of moderately complex accounting issues and practices. Perform forensic accounting services and financial analyses to assist Management Liability personnel in the investigation, analyses, evaluation, and disposition of claims, and submit reports on same.
- Provide active accounting support to business partners, financial assessments, and participate in value added/strategic initiatives. Ability to use Bond technology tools proficiently.
- Acts decisively to tackle difficult problems. Applies critical thinking and analyzes moderately complex issues and problems then synthesizes information to identify key issues and make decisions. Integrates different perspectives and ideas.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness.
- Own forensic accounting assignments; drive timely decisions and fair and equitable outcomes.
- Excellent time and case load management skills.
- Technical resource to employees and customers.
- Shares success with the team.
- Respect and trust of colleagues.
- Well organized.
- Meets deadlines.
- Consistently demonstrates integrity, initiative, and innovation in achieving results.
- Takes accountability for development.
- Presents a positive, professional image of the company through demonstrated expertise and industry knowledge.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), influencing, negotiating, listening and interpersonal skills to effectively develop productive internal and external relationships.
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with colleagues on team, market segment, Home Office, and Field Offices.
- Ability to communicate decisions.
- Presents a positive, professional image of the company through demonstrated expertise and knowledge of the company, its products, and services.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with peers and managers within and across organizational lines.
- Works with peers to resolve issues by listening for understanding, discussing all issues related to the situation, and coming to a solution.
What is a Must Have?
- Minimum of 5 years of Accounting or Finance, or related industry experience
- Travel will be required; percentage to vary
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading property casualty insurer selling primarily through independent agents and brokers. The company's diverse business lines offer its global customers a wide range of coverage in the auto, home and business settings. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has more than 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $25 billion in 2010.