Senior Manager Decision Science
IT , Executive / Management
Senior Manager Decision Science
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$114,700.00 - $189,300.00
What Is the Opportunity?Do you like working in the fast-paced world of direct-to-consumer marketing? Do you enjoy leading others in measuring and optimizing marketing outcomes? Do you like leveraging data and analytics and collaborating to solve business problems? If so, the Personal Insurance marketing team has a fantastic opportunity for you! At Travelers, our vision is to advance our ability to fuel analytic-driven business decisions by accelerating cross-enterprise collaboration and capabilities.
As a Sr. Manager, Decision Science, you will combine data expertise, statistical principles, business understanding, relationship building, and communication skills that will help to advance analytical maturity and business outcomes. Through explanatory modeling and analytics as well as experimental design and related inferential techniques, you will surface actionable insights that influence business decisions and strategies. Simply put, you are helping the business understand 'the why' underneath business trends and data.
The Work Arrangement for this position is based on location.
What Will You Do?
- Lead a team of analytic resources focused on marketing performance.
- Utilize a deep understanding of the business to procure data for current and future analysis or prototypes for new data asset, while following coding best practices.
- Seek opportunities to provide stronger data quality and recommend improvements.
- Determine and use appropriate techniques that may include complex diagnostic analysis, active monitoring and/or multivariate methods designed to answer business questions, test hypotheses, or assess impacts and results.
- Explore and propose new data and analytic tools, techniques and industry best practices to apply to business problems.
- Identify opportunities to leverage analytics to support the increased optimization of marketing initiatives (e.g., paid search campaigns, price comparison website (PCW) partnerships, etc.).
- Support the auditing of internal/external marketing environments to ensure that new/existing marketing campaigns are properly setup and can be effectively evaluated.
- Apply appropriate visualization (charts, graphs, maps, etc.) to analytic insights so that they may be delivered to various audiences via tools such as MicroStrategy, Qlik and Excel/PowerPoint.
- Interpret and communicate findings to key stakeholders. Recommend optimal business action based on balancing business constraints and analytical findings.
- Leverage existing organizational partnerships across lines and functional teams to influence analytic outcomes and start to inform strategic decisions.
- Be a mentor or resource for less experienced analytic talent, onboard new employees and interns, and provide support for recruiting and talent assessment efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM related field, or a Business School Master's Degree with a concentration in a technical or analytical field.
- Five years of related data and analytic experience.
- Experience writing advanced SQL queries against databases.
- Experience building programs in tools such as Databricks, R, or Python.
- Experience using data within cloud environments such as S3, RedShift, Snowflake.
- Experience using explanatory, diagnostic, and inferential techniques such as experimental design, hypothesis testing, clustering analysis, time series and other statistical modeling algorithms with the ability to decide the appropriate methodology for the purpose.
- Experience working on large-scale multidimensional data using advanced knowledge of open-source cloud-enabled analytical programming languages.
- Ability to foresee challenges and proactively look for ways to create more efficient processes for the business.
- Experience leading and managing complex projects.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact and translate analyses and methodology at various levels of the organization.
- Proactively build and own professional business relationships across the data & analytics community across the Enterprise.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree or four years of experience in data, analytics, engineering, science, technical analytical fields or relevant experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading property casualty insurer selling primarily through independent agents and brokers. The company's diverse business lines offer its global customers a wide range of coverage in the auto, home and business settings. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has more than 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $25 billion in 2010.