Field Director Construction
Operations, Executive / Management
Field Director Construction
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$120,200.00 - $198,400.00
What Is the Opportunity?Reports to AVP, Risk Control Under broad oversight, attracts, recruits, coaches, trains, develops and retains top Risk Control talent. Manages work assignments for staff in assigned territory, completes performance reviews with input from AVP, guides staff on skill development, and acts as Risk Control liaison to local business partners. Manages relationships with business partners, including, underwriting, claim and other risk control disciplines. Supports the acquisition, retention and profitability of our business through engagement with agents/brokers and customers. Implements strategies aligned with business unit objectives to grow a profitable book of business. Monitors expenses and provides input on compensation, bonuses, and budgetary matters.
What Will You Do?
- Manages Risk Control staff in territory ensuring the appropriate technical resource is assigned and efficiently deployed.
- Completes ongoing performance feedback and gives honest, constructive and timely feedback to staff. Produces all interim and year-end formal reviews.
- Works with staff to develop and monitor individual development plans
- Manages quality through co-surveys and survey/file reviews with staff as required by our formal Quality Assurance (QA) process.
- Maintain timely, frequent and relevant communications with direct manager (AVP) and business partner leadership. Effectively manages local strategies and objectives to maintain optimal relationships with brokers and agencies.
- Coordinates training for local staff in conjunction with regional initiatives, business partner plans, emerging issues and market changes
- Attends and participates as appropriate in regional and local office business meetings
- Collaborates with business partners to ensure Risk Control products and resources are leveraged.
- May conduct risk control assessments or marketing presentations at client locations as needed in support of our business.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory environment and emerging safety issues
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Graduate degree in a related field preferred
- 3+ years management experience preferred
- Demonstrated successful management experience leading both on site and remote employees
- Experience in leading large, diverse groups including leading other leaders
- Recognized related professional designations (such as ASP, CSP, ARM, etc.)
What is a Must Have?
- Undergraduate degree preferably in the areas of science, occupational safety and health, engineering or risk management required and 8+ years Risk Control or related experience required OR 12+ years Risk Control or related experience required.
- Valid Driver's License required.
- Proven ability to strategically plan while maximizing performance in the short term required.
- Risk Control experience within the P&C industry required.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude required.
- Superior Communication skills required.
- Ability to establish credibility quickly required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading property casualty insurer selling primarily through independent agents and brokers. The company's diverse business lines offer its global customers a wide range of coverage in the auto, home and business settings. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has more than 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $25 billion in 2010.