AVP Strategic Planning & Execution (Agile Leadership)
Executive / Management
AVP Strategic Planning & Execution (Agile Leadership)
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$147,500.00 - $243,400.00
What Is the Opportunity?This position is responsible for leading Enterprise Data & Analytics' (ED&A) strategic planning process and oversight of strategy execution including agile program increments, operating rhythms, improving operating excellence of the ED&A group, helping establish OKR/metrics related tracking and reporting. This position will also lead other key functions such as budget, financial and resource management (in conjunction with finance), event planning and communication, and will serve as the overall Agile Lead by leading and directing agile coaches for the organization. In addition, this position plays a critical role in facilitating meetings and initiatives across the broader Data & Analytics community - including facilitation of Data & Analytics Leadership Council (DALC).
The work arrangement for this position is based on location.
What Will You Do?
- Responsible for the Strategic Plan for ED&A, including directing the annual planning process, development and monitoring budget and ongoing reporting of results. Provides direction to the ED&A Senior Leadership Team to formulate and define strategies and establish key initiatives. Develops common themes and ensures alignment and consistency with other areas.
- Drives effective communication across the business.
- Incorporates strategic planning into annual business and technology capability initiatives across the enterprise.
- Aligns the Strategic Plan and the Financial Budgets. Leads the budget management process working closely with the Senior Leadership team and Finance to guide decision making and fiscal responsibility.
- Provides financial and analytic insight as to the impact of various strategies to our business and to our Business Partners. In addition, works with Business and Finance leaders to develop and provide analytics in support of the strategic plan and key initiatives to understand progress, results, and drivers.
- Tracks ED&A performance against objectives. Leads the monthly Operating Review and directs the preparation of supporting material.
- Identifies industry trends and emerging issues to develop and implement departmental enterprise best practices, action plans and strategies.
- Establishes agendas topics, and leads / facilitates following meetings/operating rhythms: ED&A Op Model Leadership Team Meeting (bi-weekly), Data and Analytics Leadership Council Meeting (bi-weekly) and Program Increment Readouts / Retros / Management Attention rhythms.
- Partners with Business and HR leaders to support talent and resource/vendor needs.
- Represents ED&A as a member of the Agile practice group and provides guidance to ED&A Agile Coaches.
- Incorporates agile methodologies to drive strong execution of key projects and initiatives.
- Manages a team and is accountable for their performance and development.
- May have responsibility for other business/operations functions and duties as needed.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 12+ years related work experience preferred, with demonstrated success in leading teams and a knowledge of business analysis, process improvement, business transformation, and/or business strategy development within complex organizations and business environments.
- Demonstrated successful management experience.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Takes initiative.
- Execution/delivery oriented with demonstrated ability to drive outcomes for the business.
- Strong program leadership and understanding of Agile methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and influence across levels and organizations, including consensus and team building.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate.
What is a Must Have?
- Nine years work experience required.
- Three years work experience in business strategy development and/or business transformation.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading property casualty insurer selling primarily through independent agents and brokers. The company's diverse business lines offer its global customers a wide range of coverage in the auto, home and business settings. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has more than 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $25 billion in 2010.