Sr. Network Technology Engineer
Sr. Network Technology Engineer
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$89,400.00 - $147,400.00
What Is the Opportunity?We are seeking to hire a motivated and talented Sr. Network Technology Engineer who will support and manage the network connectivity for Travelers' WAN, field office SDWAN environment, intercorporate partner connections, and data center networks throughout two data centers, three co-location data centers, three large campuses, over a hundred field offices across North America and the UK, and Public Cloud presence in AWS & GCP. Successful incumbent will design, configure, install, test, troubleshoot and maintain the network components that enable the inter-connectivity for 30,000+ employees and business partners, and support our transition to the Cloud.
Under general supervision, demonstrates a thorough understanding of the activities performed related to engineering support, installation and/or operations of infrastructure technologies. Plans at an operational level designing and developing technology solutions interfacing with appropriate customers, management and technical resources. Facilitates and/or participates in the design, development, and implementation of large complex technology solutions supporting one or more business and/or technology areas. Develops and implements appropriate solutions that may involve multiple platforms, databases, software/hardware technologies and tools. Strong ability to multi-task in an environment of changing priorities. This job is a technical team lead. The Work Arrangement for this position is based on location.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluates systems specifications regarding customer requirements, transforming specifications into cost-effective, technically correct solutions.
- Prioritizes work and manages projects within established budget objectives and customer priorities.
- Responsible for establishing and managing to established quality control and security protocols.
- Provides the division, department and business area management with timely and accurate information regarding the status and performance of the assigned project(s).
- Leverages technology to develop, redesign and/or implement optimal technology solutions.
- Builds, leverages, and maintains effective alliances across technical and business community.
- Interacts with customers to achieve efficient, effective results.
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes according to business priorities and production availability requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience, required.
- Three years of experience in Technology required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Five years of experience in Technology preferred.
- Experience providing technical direction to project teams preferred.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as Network, Database, Server, Storage etc. preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- ?Successful candidate will possess exceptional interpersonal skills, technical communication skills, as well as a strong work ethic.
- Solid working knowledge of capabilities and direction of technology to support assigned projects that will meet business needs.
- Ability to design and implement solutions to meet business needs that reflect a clear understanding of the objectives, practices and procedures of the corporation, department and business area.
- Experience designing and supporting the following:
- o Aruba Switching (3810M, 2930F) preferred.
- o Cloud computing in AWS and GCP preferred.
- o Automation coding (Python, Ansible and Terraform) preferred.
- o Network management and performance analysis tools (BroadCom Performance Center, Appneta, Wireshark) required.
- o Emerging technology support (SDN, SDWAN, VxLAN, NFV).
- Telecommunications (MPLS WANs, Optical Networks, ISPs, CDNs, Managed Services, SLAs) required.
- Networking (LAN, Data Center fabrics, Ethernet Switching, Routing, BGP, OSPF, VoIP, SIP, IPv6, QoS, Traffic Profiling, Anomaly Detection, Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, Continuous Availability, High Availability).
- Demonstrated ability to interpret technology and market trends as a foundation for technology and product roadmaps.
- Able to multitask and operate under tight timelines and remain focused under pressure (ex. critical outage/disaster).
- Emphasis on customer focus, collaboration and follow-up skills.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
Operates standard office equipment (Frequency)
Sitting (can stand at will) (Frequency)
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading property casualty insurer selling primarily through independent agents and brokers. The company's diverse business lines offer its global customers a wide range of coverage in the auto, home and business settings. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has more than 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $25 billion in 2010.