Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$87,300.00 - $144,000.00
What Is the Opportunity?Travelers is seeking a Scrum Master/Kanban Master to join our organization as we grow and transform our Agile landscape. In this position, you will leverage your expertise to lead Agile practices at the team level for one team, assist with managing the flow of work, creatively solve problems to accomplish outcomes, track team output and achievement, and identify continuous process improvement opportunities.
What Will You Do?
- Practice and encourage Agile mindset and behaviors; coach, inspire and mentor teams on Agile principles, values and practices while role modeling Travelers' leadership behaviors.
- Lead the application of Agile practices for a single team. Practices may be Scrum and/or Kanban based. Actions often include visualizing work, limiting work in progress, managing work flow, planning and guidance for daily standups, sprint planning, short, mid, and long range planning, backlog refinement, and retrospective meetings.
- Provide summaries of team work at internal reviews and demos.
- Ensure progress toward objectives, KPIs and commitments; guide assigned Agile team to deliver the required product increments and outcomes.
- Partner with key stakeholders (i.e. Agile Coach and Team Lead) in backlog prioritization as well as tracking and reporting metrics, providing visibility to the team and stakeholders, ensuring a data-driven approach to decision-making.
- Identify opportunities to improve team-level Agile performance; focus the team on customer value, quality and continuous improvement activities. Remove team-level impediments and resolve conflicts; anticipate challenges, identify risks, and recommend mitigations and solutions.
- Utilize learnings and best practices in furthering the effective use of Agile practices at Travelers.
- Facilitate open communication among team members and stakeholders; promote positive team dynamics to ensure members collaborate and work effectively.
- Build and leverage effective alliances across other teams and the technical and business communities.
- Partner with Circle Leadership on PI Planning activities, organizing and assisting with PI ceremonies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- One year of experience in a Scrum Master or similar Agile role applying Agile principles and practices including delivery of several epics, releases and versions and application of a wide variety of patterns and techniques (i.e. leveraging burndown, facilitating retrospectives, refining user stories, etc.) preferred.
- Programming/development experience preferred.
- Experience implementing best practices and standards related to Agile product development preferred.
- Experience leading others with the ability to earn trust while still challenging the team to improve and operate outside its comfort zone in an Agile environment preferred.
- Agile Mindset: Embody Agile core values of openness, courage, respect, focus, and commitment. Infuse Agile principles, practices and methodologies to achieve team success.
- Project Management: Ability to initiate, plan, execute, and guide the work of a team to achieve specific goals and meet specific success criteria within a specified time.
- Influence: Ability to influence leaders at all levels and without traditional hierarchy.
- Servant Leadership: Foster an environment where individuals thrive as empowered and equal members of a team.
- Communication: Ability to communicate thoughts, concepts and practices effectively at all levels, adjusting as needed to a target audience.
- Collaboration: Expertise working with others in a cross-functional multi-team environment.
- Continuous Improvement: Demonstrate a commitment to continually improve, share learning with others and encourage team development.
What is a Must Have?
- 2 years of project management or related experience required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading property casualty insurer selling primarily through independent agents and brokers. The company's diverse business lines offer its global customers a wide range of coverage in the auto, home and business settings. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has more than 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $25 billion in 2010.