Senior Business Systems Specialist (Data Transformation and Analytics)
Senior Business Systems Specialist (Data Transformation and Analytics)
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$66,200.00 - $109,200.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under general supervision, the Senior Business Systems Specialist is responsible for/involved in all aspects of the life of a specific system/application. May include: evaluation of system enhancement requests, requirements development and documentation, testing and implementation; production support/troubleshooting, maintenance of system documentation, training responding to customer concerns and communicating results. The Senior Business Systems Specialist is responsible to assess and communicate impacts of changes to the application or system domain. The Senior Business Systems Specialist possesses strong knowledge of a particular business capability, product or system domain. Utilizing knowledge of the business and the specific application(s), identifies system opportunities to support business needs. May specialize in a particular technology or skill. This job typically does not lead others., but may act as a team lead coordinating multiple change requests or large enhancements. The Senior Business Systems Specialist may provide limited coaching to less experienced team members.
The Work Arrangement for this position is based on Location.
What Will You Do?
- Work with incoming data files, translating them to be incorporated into TIC loss information system (e-CARMA). May entail discussions with internal Business Leads as well as Vendor producing the file
- Work with outgoing files, may entail discussions with internal Business leads as well as external vendors
- Facilitate troubleshooting and defect resolution. This includes requesting resources, migration through environments and ticket management.
- Effectively communicates status of enhancements, change requests and defects.
- May manage change, defect and enhancement request process and assignment of approved work.
Documentation and Training:
- Maintains documentation of current state systems.
- Assists in development of training materials and business implementation/transition activities.
- Evaluates requests for projects and enhancements.
- May make recommendations for operational process improvements and/or system enhancements.
- Elicits documents and validates requirements for change requests and enhancements to capabilities, products or systems.
- May act as project manager for enhancements or new functionality.
- Helps identify appropriate subject matter experts and stakeholders to participate in requirements sessions.
- Utilizes business and system knowledge to support business needs.
- Applies knowledge of a particular business capability, product and/or system domain and communicates impact of changes to current state business process, products, data, feeds and systems.
- May provide input into departmental or divisional planning process. Provides subject matter expertise and capabilities to Business and IT Projects.
- Simultaneously support multiple projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelors degree in Business, MIS, or other related field preferred.
- Three years of experience supporting business technology systems preferred.
- Relational database, SQL skills, Focus mainframe technology and Host based technology will be a plus.
- P&C Insurance carrier experience a plus (with products such as: General Liability, Workers Compensation, Auto).
- Business Perspective (Intermediate): Uses knowledge of internal and external factors impacting the property casualty industry to make decisions.
- Technology (Intermediate): Uses, leverages and maintains proficiency with corporate and job specific technology as it evolves (e.g., hardware, software, business unit applications and systems tools).
- Analytical Thinking (Basic): Identifies current or future problems or opportunities, analyzes, synthesize and compares information to understand issues, identifies cause/effect relationships and explores alternative solutions to support sound decision making.
- Relationship Management (Basic): Seeks out, builds, fosters and maintains productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results.
- Communication (Basic): Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Facilitation (Basic): Uses and adjusts style and technique to assist group process and understanding.
- Teamwork (Intermediate): Works together in situations when actions are interdependent and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
- Conflict Management (Basic): Brings conflicts into the open and resolves them collaboratively.
- Change Management / Resilience (Basic): Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Risk Taking (Basic): Identifies, assesses, manages and takes intelligent risks to attain objectives.
What is a Must Have?
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of experience supporting business technology systems required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading property casualty insurer selling primarily through independent agents and brokers. The company's diverse business lines offer its global customers a wide range of coverage in the auto, home and business settings. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has more than 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $25 billion in 2010.