Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The hourly salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual hourly rate for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$23.00 - $24.00
What Is the Opportunity?The Travelers Claim Intern program provides qualified candidates an excellent opportunity to gain first-hand business experience, receive valuable on-the-job training, to contacting clients, determining coverage, scoping of losses and completing damage estimates.
What Will You Do?
- Internship includes:
- On-boarding of Travelers systems and protocols.
- Exposure to Personal and Business Insurance claims of basic to moderate complexity.
- Learn and understand effective strategies for investigating, negotiating and resolving claims thoroughly, accurately and efficiently.
- Develop knowledge of what happened, estimating damage, determining what coverages apply and helping our customers through the process.
- Observe the work of the Claim Professional through desk and ride alongs with experienced employees.
- Work with a designated coach to develop knowledge of claims through core assignments.
- Complete challenging and meaningful project work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- For the CPDP Internship, we are most interested in students who are serious about entering the insurance industry and who are excited about the prospect of making Claim their future career choice.
- Preferred cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Business Administration
- Liberal Arts (with business focus preferred)
- Business Management
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Undergraduate students completing their freshman year preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Strong customer service skills
What is a Must Have?
- Candidate must be pursuing a Bachelor's degree.
- Approximate work availability from June through August (10-12 weeks) required.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.