Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$77,300.00 - $127,500.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under general supervision, demonstrates a general understanding of the activities performed related to engineering support, installation and/or operations of infrastructure technologies. Plans at an operational level designing and developing technology solutions interfacing with appropriate customers, management, and technical resources. Facilities and/or participates in the design, development, and implementation of technology solutions supporting one or more business and/or technology area. Ability to multi-task in an environment of changing priorities. This job does not manage others.
Job Description Summary
The Test Data Management (TDM) Center of Excellence (CoE) and Infrastructure support team within the Data Administration area of the Infrastructure and Cloud Services division at Travelers, is seeking a technology engineer to support and manage the enterprise-wide implementation and adoption of TDM practices and toolsets. The technology engineer works closely with TDM development teams in various Lines of Business (LOBs) who are designing and building solutions to provision and mask production data to lower test environments for testing purposes. Successful incumbent will participate in design and code reviews to ensure that Lines of Business solutions meet CoE guidelines and that they are implemented well into the common enterprise TDM infrastructure, participates in the administration of the TDM infrastructure and interacts with tooling vendors, and leads or develops solutions for various strategic projects targeted at improving or upgrading the TDM Infrastructure, and making the TDM assets more accessible to end-users via Self-Service capabilities.
Under general supervision, demonstrates a thorough understanding of the activities performed related to engineering support, installation and/or operations of infrastructure technologies. Plans at an operational level designing and developing technology solutions interfacing with appropriate customers, management and technical resources. Facilitates and/or participates in the design, development, and implementation of large complex technology solutions supporting one or more business and/or technology areas. Develops and implements appropriate solutions that may involve multiple platforms, databases, software/hardware technologies and tools. Strong ability to multi-task in an environment of changing priorities. This job supports the Test Data Management practice, infrastructure, and tooling for the enterprise, including supporting TDM development for 6 areas and their TDM developer teams
What Will You Do?
- Evaluates systems specifications regarding customer requirements, transforming business specifications into cost-effective, technically correct solutions.
- Prioritizes work and manages projects within established budget objectives and customer priorities.
- Responsible for adhering to established quality control and security protocols.
- Provides the division, department and business area management with timely and accurate information regarding the status and performance of the assigned project(s).
- Builds, leverages, and maintains effective alliances across technical and business community.
- Interacts with customers to achieve efficient, effective results.
- Multi-tasks and prioritizes in accordance with business priorities and production availability requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Test Data Management
- Applies and promotes established enterprise test data management best practices and guidelines and recommends improvements
- Determine data provisioning and masking requirements, to assist in the design and review of Informatica workflows, working with enterprise TDM development teams
- Designs and implements test data management approaches and frameworks
- Designs and develops Test Data Management workflows for Proof of Concept situations when new technologies or new use cases are encountered by the enterprise.
- Conforms with and ensures compliance with established data security protocols
- Manages and coordinates product upgrades and testing of TDM toolsets with enterprise development teams, including Informatica Power Center and IICS services
- Assists enterprise TDM development teams with data profiling, and the development of new test data provisioning and test data masking use cases, researching solutions and addressing issues with the tool vendor, as necessary.
- Develops solutions for provisioning and masking test data when out-of-the-box capabilities are found to be insufficient for use case requirements.
- Provides DevOps support for migrating data provisioning code through a centralized infrastructure to production
- Assists in the management of the Informatica infrastructure, including monitoring, sizing, upgrading, etc.
- Facilitates, design and/or integrates self service capabilities into the Test Data Management enterprise framework
- Recommends improvement in test automation practices, techniques and tools.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Three years of experience in Technology preferred.
- 1-3 years of current experience writing SQL queries, triggers, stored procedures, investigating and mitigating performance issues, testing and verifying results is preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in Informatica Power Center and/or Test Data Management Workbench, and/or IICS, designing and developing data provision workflows or task flows.
- Developing knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as Network, Database, Server, Storage etc. preferred.
- Knowledge of process discipline and IDLC methodology
- Knowledge of proprietary and open source databases, include SQL, Oracle, Mongo, DB2, etc. Experience with Cloud database technologies is ideal.
- Developing to Intermediate knowledge of one or more of the following technical skills: Informatica Test Data Management workbench, Power Center, and/or IICS
- Prefer experience with the Setup of Test Data Services, Data masking, Test Data Management strategy and implementation, Test Data strategies.
- Experience administering Informatica development infrastructure, code management and deployment, software version upgrades and patch implementation and testing, including working with the vendor on problem trouble-shooting is preferred.
- Experience in troubleshooting & diagnosing complex technical issues
- Some full stack application development experience is ideal, using .net, Java, python or similar, Git, Subversion, Jenkins, UCD
- Understanding of SharePoint and other tools such as Rally, Excel
What is a Must Have?
- A bachelor's degree in Technology or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience, required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.