Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$103,400.00 - $170,500.00
What Is the Opportunity?The Claim Business Intelligence & Analytics organization has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Business Delivery in Analytic Strategy Development. As a director in the Claim Analytics & Insights organization, this position will help drive our ability to provide actionable analytics to Claim partners by taking a high-level business vision and translating it into a clearly defined analytic strategy that can be delivered to move the business forward. A key focus of this position is to increase insights into claims on areas that may include medical, severity, legal, or other insurance related strategic focus areas.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with senior leadership, business partners, technology leads, architects and other talented business intelligence professionals to think outside the box - identifying areas of opportunities in claim analytics, performing analysis of data, and partnering with Claim Technology and our agile teams to determine how analytic solutions meet these business outcomes. These strategies may include the delivery and adoption of advanced analytical models, dynamic dashboards and self-service. Hands-on experience in strategy development and analytics is preferred.
The ideal candidate will have strong critical thinking skills, analytic acumen, and the ability to effectively communicate complex, multi-dimensional strategies to a wide audience of leaders in Claim and the enterprise. You should be energetic, self-motivated, and well organized with a passion for solving problems and the ability to get others on board. This position will not have direct reports but will require the ability to successfully influence others.
The Work Arrangement for this position is based on location.
What Will You Do?
- Responsible for ownership of a high level business vision and translating it into a strategy and capabilities; partners with Finance and the business to ensure the business value of what is being delivered is defined.
- Understands the business vision, strategies, operating vision, business imperatives and capabilities and how they work together to define technology imperatives and business capabilities.
- Helps to define both employee and customer facing, and analytic capabilities, that align with business's strategic imperatives, focusing on projects leveraging new technology to maintain and expand our competitive advantage.
- Directly leads definition and refinement of business need, solutions, process flows, and resulting epics and candidate features in partnership with the business leaders. Business vision and resulting strategies can be complex and cross-lines focused, and also align with Enterprise capabilities/priorities and assists with defining the performance goals, KPIs and key milestones for the proposed solutions.
- Supports business leaders in the analysis activities, requirements gathering and solution development to ensure business capability integrity is agreed to and works with business and technical architects to explore and define how the proposed solutions will fit into the overall Claim and Enterprise architecture.
- Partners with business leaders to ensure delivery and execution of projects or programs to ensure business capability is realized as well as to lead business readiness / change management / implementation of the capabilities being delivered as part of the achievement of the business goals and strategies.
- Assists in the development of the strategy business value, providing input and driving balance of solution cost and benefit realization against capability goals and objectives and in partnership with business and technology, develops the strategy roadmap identifying timeframes, deliverables, and dependencies; partners to proactively manage and mitigate risk and appropriately escalate issues.
- Leads and facilitates updates with Senior Leadership and ensures decisions are made at the appropriate level. Demonstrates executive leadership communication capabilities and serves as a liaison to the business community to ensure that its needs are fully understood by the project team.
- Participates in the acquisition of information and expertise to help inform forward looking capability strategies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- 8+ years of related experience is preferred
- Prior experience in strategy development is preferred
- Prior experience with analytics is preferred
- Prior experience in project management is preferred
- Prior management experience preferred
- Bachelor's or advanced degree preferred
- Prior experience within the P&C industry is preferred
What is a Must Have?
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.