Loss Control Field Representative
At Alexander & Schmidt, a Loss Control Field Representative performs on-site property, general liability and incidental auto inspections and prepares reports for insurance underwriting purposes. Insurance companies use the reports to properly insure commercial or residential buildings or properties for a new policy or renewal of a current policy.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years' experience with a commercial carrier or working as an independent contractor providing loss control services.
- Understanding of commercial property and casualty lines including property, general liability, auto and workers compensation.
- Solid communication skills—including exceptional writing ability, organizational skills, and computer skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Travel within a reasonable territory, 60 mile radius
- Professional certifications CSP, OHST, ALCM and/or ARM are preferred, but not required.
- Uploading completed reports, photos and diagrams through a special website or complete reports on web based systems
High-quality, accurate loss control surveys guide the underwriter in the selection of profitable business, and assist the insured in controlling losses through the demonstrated value of the loss control services provided.