Tax Senior Consultant (Remote Home-Based Worker)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection.
We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary:
The Tax Senior Consultant is expected to participate in the preparation and presentation of information necessary for the accurate and timely completion of all state and local tax requirements and processes. Expectations also include research and analysis of various transactions to determine their tax effect on areas of responsibility.
This position is a permanent remote home-based worker. Your home office does not need to be near an Allstate office, but it does need to be in the United States. This position is eligible for a monthly connectivity reimbursement to offset the costs of internet and phone expenses.Key Responsibilities:
- Communicate with and apprise tax management on issues and status of projects
- Research and analysis of various transactions and tax return adjustments to determine tax impacts under manager supervision
- Regularly evaluate processes to determine changes needed to improve efficiency and to respond to changes in the tax or accounting environment
- Assist with the tax accounting functions on a monthly and quarterly close basis
- Assist with data and review returns, account reconciliations, and estimated payments
- Processing monthly, quarterly, and annual tax payments/filings
- Manage tax calendar for all upcoming tax deadlines and external reporting due dates
- Respond to notices with taxing authorities
- Assist with tax planning opportunities
This job does not have supervisory duties.Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years of related experience
- Experience with income tax, premium tax, and other state non-income taxes
- Advanced knowledge of tax concepts needed to execute job responsibilities
- Ability to utilize tax resources to maintain awareness of current tax developments and to obtain tax information needed to execute job responsibilities
- Ability to independently perform intermediate tax or accounting analysis or research of issues that impact processes in area of responsibility
- Ability to recognize and understand how changes in other tax or accounting processes will affect processes in area of responsibility; Take steps needed to adjust tax processes in area of responsibility that are impacted by changes in tax or accounting environment
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is$61,500.00-$90,000.00 per yearand is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.