Worksite Product Manager (Remote/Home-Based Worker)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection.
We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary:
The Product Manager is responsible for the overall performance of assigned voluntary/worksite product line(s) of insurance for Allstate Benefits. The role develops, implements, and delivers on design, risk management guidelines, value proposition, and business procedures as well as serves as a subject matter expert on moderately complex issues that require innovative and creative solutions.Key Responsibilities:
- Subject matter expert to business leadership and business teams on product development and management
- Leads and facilitates risk management, pricing, filing, and product strategies and initiatives using fact-based decisions
- Strong knowledge of voluntary/worksite marketplace including competitors, regulatory and legal environment, claims handling trends, and distribution channel types/relationships
- Proficient in understanding and communication of product forms and language, analysis of statistical/non-statistical data, and legal/regulatory subjects
- Monitors overall profitability including growth and retention of products to ensure consistency with product strategies, goals, and priorities
- Builds and leverages strong relationships with internal partners including Field Sales, Underwriting, Marketing, IT, Compliance, Claims and Product Implementation teams to accomplish business goals
- Assures proper execution of regulatory/legislative requirements for product compliance
- Manages product projects and initiatives ensuring milestone dates are met
This job does not have supervisory duties.Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience, industry designations a plus (CLU, CEBS, RHU)
- 5+ years product development, management, or underwriting related experience
- Knowledge of voluntary/worksite products (e.g. critical illness, accident/hospital indemnity, life, STD)
- Understanding of competitor and market landscape and ability to react accordingly
- Ability to gather and synthesize data and apply critical thinking to inform product management strategies
- Strong influencing skills, ability to work collaboratively and influence organizational thinking
- Good business acumen and communication skill to work across organization and business teams
- Goal oriented and personally accountable; detail oriented, resourceful and self-directed to meet objectives and timelines
- Uses innovative and creative thinking and collaboration to seeks outside the box solutions
Compensation offered for this role is$90,000.00-$120,000.00 per yearand is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.