Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$46,200.00 - $76,200.00
What Is the Opportunity?Travelers' Claim Organization is at the heart of our business. By providing assurance to our customers during life's rainy days, the Travelers Workers Compensation Claim team is committed to partnering with our business insurance customers to help their injured employees return to work as soon as medically appropriate. As a Workers Compensation Claim Professional Trainee, you will handle all aspects of a workers compensation claims. In this role, you will learn how to help our customers and their injured employees when they are injured at work. You will develop the technical skills needed for quality claim handling including investigating, evaluating, negotiating, and resolving claims on losses of lesser value and complexity and provide claim handling throughout the claim life cycle. As part of the hiring process, this position will require the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
- Complete virtual, classroom, and on-the-job training which includes the overall instruction, exposure, and preparation for employees. Completion of an internal training program is required to progress to next level position. The training may require travel.
- Handle all aspects of a Workers Compensation claim including completing investigations, setting accurate reserves, and making various claim-related decisions under direct supervision. As a trainee, you may also be exposed to claims that could involve litigation, settlement negotiations, Medicare set asides and offsets.
- Communicate and apprise all parties regarding claim status which may include our business customers, injured employees, medical providers, and legal counsel.
- Investigate, develop, and evaluate action plans for claim resolution. Assess coverage and determine if a claim is compensable under Workers Compensation including evaluating claims for potential fraud.
- Achieve a positive result by returning an injured party to work when appropriate. This may include coordinating medical treatment in collaboration with internal or external resources.
- Effectively prioritize and manage a Workers Compensation claim inventory, including filing and diary systems, document plans of action and complete time-sensitive required letters and state forms.
- Participate in Telephonic and/or onsite File Reviews.
- Acquire and maintain relevant Insurance License(s) to comply with state and Travelers' requirements within three months of starting the job.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's Degree or a minimum of 2 years of work or customer service-related experience.
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment managing multiple priorities while facing ambiguity.
- Able to review information from multiple sources and use analytical thinking and problem-solving skills to accurately achieve optimal claim outcomes and determine appropriate next steps.
- Ability to own and manage all assigned tasks.
- Provide excellent customer experience by communicating effectively, verbally and written.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
What is a Must Have?
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year of customer service experience OR Bachelor's Degree.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.