Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$73,000.00 - $120,500.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under general supervision, designs and develops learning solutions and resources of increasing complexity used by professionals and facilitators to train employees to perform their jobs. Types of deliverables may include e-learning/self-paced learning solutions, multimedia, materials for instructor-led training, and job aids. Position may focus on design and/or development depending on organizational needs. This job may manage others.
What Will You Do?
- Conduct analysis and make actionable recommendations related to learning needs. Contribute to development of short- and long-term organizational strategies and initiatives.
- Recommend learning strategies and approaches for assigned projects; determine a preliminary level of effort required for each recommendation.
- Contribute to development of short- and long-term organizational strategies and initiatives.
- Develop a project plan, project schedule, and milestone dates. Manage work through the project lifecycle. May take on project manager role.
- Design and develop complex learning solutions aligned with business and learner needs.
- Deliver leading-edge solutions. May work with team to explore new technologies or be internal lead for a specific technology.
- Design and recommend measurement tools for specific solutions and for broader use across our organization. Monitor feedback, evaluate impact and effectiveness of solutions, and communicate results and recommendations to business partners.
- Right size and reduce resource requirements without impacting quality or effectiveness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in instructional design, learning and development, learning technologies, or comparable field preferred.
- Six or more years of experience applying adult learning and design best practices to design/develop engaging, effective learning resources in a wide variety of formats.
- Proficiency in MS Office products experience with at least 2 - 3 additional multimedia and learning technology tools such as iSpring, Lectora, Captivate, Adobe Products, SharePoint, Camtasia, web development, etc.
- Experience incorporating multimedia elements (audio, video, and graphics) into blended learning solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to self-review and meet rigorous quality standards.
- Experience working in a project environment and familiarity with project management tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated focus on continuous self-learning and exploring new trends, strategies, and practices in the talent development field.
- Experience building, maintaining, and repairing work relationships.
- Able to work effectively in collaborative work environment.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree or five years of experience in instructional design/technologies, adult learning, or business related field.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.