Sr. Email Security Engineer
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection.
We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary:As an Email Security Engineer at Allstate, the candidate will be part of the Digital Workplace Solutions team responsible for deploying, operating, and maintaining the email security systems used by our Security Operations, and Incident Response teams to protect Allstate users from email related cyber-security threats.The ideal candidate must have the ability to communicate well, contribute to cross functional and individual contributor teams, participate in response and defensive actions over a variety of security disciplines, and disseminate technical information as appropriate in support of Allstates critical business, go to market, and operational infrastructure needs.Key Responsibilities:
- Lead and oversee deployment, operation, and maintenance of the global email security tooling platforms, including cloud as well as on-premises infrastructure.
- Partner with Architecture and tech delivery teams to define future email security technical roadmap and deliver on it.
- Provide priority support to Global Security teams in respect to the email security platform
- Manage platform configuration adjustments and modifications
- Evaluate and assist in design of mail flow and mail relay configurations
- Identify integrations points for tools to incorporate into the email security platform
- Serve as a subject matter expert for email security operations related issues and discussions
- Support and assist the Security Operations Center with email security related incidents and design new policies to identify and mitigate risk.
- Participate in developing and providing operational documentation to ensure a well-managed and mature email security infrastructure.
- Support various teams in understanding incident impacting email and offering guidance.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
Core technical required skills :
- Highly technical and analytical expertise, with a proven deep background (preferred 5+ years IT experience in addition to cybersecurity or email infrastructure) in technology design, implementation, and delivery.
- Minimum 3+ years working in security engineering or security operations role, with a focus on email security or in Microsoft messaging & collaboration tools inclusive of mail routing.
- Strong experience with configuration, administering, troubleshooting email routing and filtering in Proofpoint (preferable), Mimecast or other Enterprise grade email security gateways both SaaS and on-premises. (including inbound routes, whitelists, email firewall rules, spam/AV, logging/reporting, TAP, TRAP, domain rewrites, secure messaging and recipient verification and that flow between the Internet, Exchange/Exchange Online and internal mail-relay).
- Strong Experience in analyzing domain email activity and deploying SPF, DKIM and DMARC authentication and configuring to support secure email with partners.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and troubleshooting enterprise level Email systems (e.g., maintenance, configuration, and policy management)
- Experience with enterprise phishing defense concepts and technologies
- Experience with providing status reports for the team activities, including metrics and KPIs
- Aptitude for learning and cross skilling across multiple Microsoft Collaboration & Messaging products.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2016/2019 / O365 Exchange Online deployment and/or operations experience.
- Troubleshooting internal & external email flow and delivery in large and complex environments
- Cross-functional understanding of email operations, security practices and the user experience
- Knowledge and experience creating and maintaining policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and technical documents
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline equivalent experience.
- Additional, current certifications in operating systems, databases and programming languages a plus
- Must Have Broad knowledge of latest Microsoft O365 products and technologies
- Must be accustomed to executing scheduled weekend and after-hours changes
- Must be comfortable in responding to unplanned outages that may occur at any time
- Must have a working knowledge of ITIL principles and working within release schedules
- Must have a working knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Must be willing to participate in the rotating on-call support schedule
- Preferred work schedule during US business hours.
- Must be available to deploy changes to Production environments during 10pm 6am CT maintenance window
- Networking skills, DNS, Firewall, ISAM
- CICD Agile Pipeline automation development and deployment.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects while mentoring junior engineers
- Azure AD App registration experience
- Strong written & verbal communications skills
- Project Management experience a plus
- Development of deployment and test plans.
- Experience working as a technical leader within an agile process/project-oriented organization.
- Methodical approach to problem solving and quick resolution.
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules, and priorities.
- The ability to socialize ideas, make recommendations and gather team consensus to move forward.Proven ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences at all levels in an organization; develop procedural documentation; develop and conduct effective presentations; effectively demonstrate products and solutions.
Compensation offered for this role is$82,000.00-$146,125.00 per yearand is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.