Investment Data Analyst (Hybrid)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection.
We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary:
The Analytics and Decision Support Lead Consultant is part of an effort within the Investments organization to create a Data and Reporting center of excellence by consolidating existing reporting, driving process efficiency, and defining best processes. The ADS Lead Consultant will play a critical role in building the requisite process and tools to meet these objectives.This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled Technical Data Analyst to contribute to the success of a leading asset manager firm. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and a stimulating work environment that fosters professional growth and development. If you are passionate about data analysis, investment management, and making an impact in the financial industry, we would love to hear from you.
This position is a hybrid role, meaning your schedule may consist of time in an office setting and time working remotely from your home. The hybrid model is intended to provide greater flexibility and will mean something different to each team, job and employee. Office presence is driven by the nature of the work and team needs. Youll work from home for the remainder of the time youre not in the office. This position is eligible for a monthly connectivity reimbursement to offset the costs of internet and phone expenses.
This position will report hybrid out of the Allstate Investments downtown office, in Chicago.Key Responsibilities:
- Utilize your strong understanding of SQL and relational databases to extract, transform, and load data from various sources.
- Perform data cleaning, validation, and analysis to ensure accuracy and reliability of investment data.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather requirements and develop data models and reports that address business needs.
- Develop and maintain automated data pipelines and workflows to streamline data processing and reporting.
- Utilize Python to conduct data analysis, build data visualizations, and develop data-driven solutions.
- Work with reporting tools, such as Tableau and Power BI, to create interactive and insightful dashboards and reports in addition to maintaining and enhancing existing dashboards and reports.
- Support and manage reporting processes to ensure reports and dashboards are refreshed and delivered timely.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of investment data, including external data sources (e.g., Bloomberg, MSCI, S&P Capital IQ) and internal data concepts (e.g., security master, fixed income analytics).
- Perform in-depth analysis of investment data to identify patterns, trends, and insights that drive investment decisions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including portfolio managers and research analysts, to provide data-driven support for investment strategies.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in data analysis and investment management.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, such as Computer Science, Data Science, Finance, or a related discipline.
- 5 or more years of related experience
- CFA or progress towards CFA a plus
- Solid understanding of SQL and relational databases, with the ability to write complex queries and storedproceduresand manipulate data.
- Proficiency in Python, including experience with data analysis libraries (e.g., Pandas, NumPy) and data manipulation frameworks (e.g., SQLAlchemy).
- Experience with reporting tools, such as Tableau and Power BI, to create compelling visualizations and reports.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to extract insights from large and complex datasets.
- Good understanding of investment data, including external data sources (e.g., Bloomberg, MSCI, S&P Capital IQ) and internal data concepts (e.g., security master, fixed income analytics).
- Familiarity with financial markets and investment products (e.g., equities, fixed income, derivatives) is highly desirable.
- Experience working with Aladdin or other portfolio management system a strong plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex data concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proactive mindset and ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to delivering high-quality and accurate work.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
This job does not have supervisory duties.Notes:
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is$82,000.00-$146,125.00 per yearand is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.