Property Adjuster - Field Estimating - Detroit, MI
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection.
We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Allstate Benefits:
Being a part of Allstate means you receive a benefits package from Day 1 of employment. This includes time off, healthcare, retirement, and more. That is why as an Allstater, youll enjoy a Total Rewards package that includes:
- Competitive pay with needed support for continuous development and career advancement.
- Flexibility in scheduling and a time off policy that helps support your work/life balance.
- Initial and ongoing training to get you proficient in your new role.
- Comprehensive benefits like a 401K/pension, education reimbursement, and programs to help you balance work with the rest of your life. Visit www.allstategoodlife.com to learn more.
As a Field Property Adjuster, you will be dedicated to providing exceptional service to our policyholders. Your primary responsibility will involve traveling to our customers' homes to conduct on-site inspections, investigate coverage, prepare estimates, and settle claims promptly and efficiently. Additionally, you will handle virtual claims countrywide, leveraging various platforms and software such as Xactimate and ClaimsX Video Collaboration. Your expertise will be particularly focused on water losses, ensuring our customers receive the highest level of support and resolution for these specific claims. Please note that this role requires residency within 20 miles of Detroit, MI.You'll wear a few hats that will require a level of experience:
- The Customer Service Expert youll live into Allstates Claims Culture by caring, empowering, and restoring, and you will accomplish that by being compassionate, clear, and a committed partner in each Casualty claim. You lead with empathy, always.
- The Investigator youll confidently and independently investigate casualty (and applicable LOB (line of business)) claims by performing detailed reviews of damage and interpreting policies to determine coverage.
- The Effective Communicator youll use phone, emails and sometimes even video chat with customers to help them through a fast, fair, and easy claims process. Youll also incorporate a specific approach to claim handling to offer the customer their preference of communication to efficiently discuss their claim needs and keep them updated on the claim progress.
- The Negotiator You will evaluate and negotiate claims settlements with customers, vendors, third party carriers and claimants, in accordance with all legal and business standard methodologies. With negotiations, you will incorporate tactics in handling challenging and complex situations.
- The Problem Solver youll utilize multiple tools to get the job done in a fast-paced environment, including estimate tools, job aids, and additional settlement platforms, all while using your sharp critical thinking skills.
- The Recorder youll protect the company financially by executing policies along policy agreements, and you keep a clear record of your work in a claims system that you will be trained on. Youll accomplish this by ensuring timely and accurate documentation is completed as you work on each claim.
- 2 years previous experience as an outside adjuster is highly desired.
- Proficiency in using Xactimate and other relevant software for estimating preferred.
- Strong critical thinking and technical skills to assess damages accurately and expedite claims settlements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to provide exceptional customer service.
- Ability to travel to customers' homes and handle virtual claims countrywide effectively.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with a focus on delivering high-quality work.
- Residency within the posted location is mandatory for this role.
- Valid driver's license and willingness to travel as part of the job requirements.
- As a condition of employment, your office/area may require you to obtain an adjuster and/or an appraiser license. If applicable, you will be required to secure license(s) within 60 days of hire.
- If required, the Hiring Manager will work with you along with the Centralized Licensing team to ensure that you are properly licensed.
- Sign-on Bonus: You may be eligible for a $1000 Licensing Sign on Bonus if you have the applicable active licenses needed for this role. This could include Home Resident Property & Casualty License, Designated Home State (DHS) Florida or Texas License, and/or applicable Appraiser License.
**Candidates who have previously worked for and are seeking to be rehired at Allstate and its family of companies are not eligible for this sign-on bonus.
Compensation offered for this role is$60,000 - $99,000 per yearand is based on experience and qualifications.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/