Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$106,700.00 - $176,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?Travelers is seeking an Agile Coach to join our organization to help grow and transform our Agile landscape. Individual will guide multiple teams on Agile principles and practices, demonstrate courage to challenge and advise teams and stakeholders, including senior leadership, enable teams to realize objectives and deliver on KPIs, and assess and enhance Agile maturity of teams.
The work arrangement for this position is based on location.
What Will You Do?
- As a servant leader and change agent, coach, inspire and mentor teams on Agile principles, values and practices while role modeling Travelers' leadership behaviors.
- Facilitate and reinforce Agile practices for multiple teams working toward common business outcomes, including backlog refinement and prioritization.
- Understand and support implementation of metrics to optimize delivery of KPIs through the assessment of responsiveness, quality, productivity, and customer and business value.
- Support multiple Agile teams to ensure progress toward objectives, goals and commitments. Guide assigned Agile teams to deliver the required product increments.
- Actively raise observed issues and remove impediments; resolve conflicts within and across teams. Anticipate challenges, identify risks, and recommend mitigations and solutions.
- Continuously assess the Agile maturity of teams and individuals at all levels of leadership, educating and mentoring to address gaps.
- Participate in both the internal and external Agile community to stay abreast of challenges, leading practices, and emerging trends; utilize learnings in furthering the effective use of Agile practices at Travelers.
- Facilitate open communication among teams and stakeholders; promote positive team dynamics to ensure members collaborate and work effectively within and across teams.
- Use coaching techniques that increase collaboration, transparency and promote a culture of experimentation and innovation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3 years of Agile experience preferred with a track record of leading teams to higher Agile maturity.
- 3 years of experience as a coach preferred.
- 2 years of experience championing organizational change initiatives preferred.
- 3 years of experience implementing Agile principles and practices in different cultures and environments preferred.
- Agile Mindset: Embody Agile core values of openness, courage, respect, focus, and commitment. Infuse Agile principles, practices and methodologies to achieve team success.
- Change Agent: Expert change leadership skills including the ability to create an inclusive environment, manage conflict and develop solutions to mitigate risk.
- Coaching: Ability to utilize tailored coaching techniques to inspire individuals and teams to perform at a higher level.
- Influence: Ability to influence behaviors of leaders at all levels and without traditional hierarchy.
- Servant Leadership: Foster an environment where individuals thrive as empowered and equal members of a team.
- Communication: Ability to communicate thoughts, concepts, practices effectively at all levels, adjusting as needed to a target audience.
- Collaboration: Expertise working with others in a cross-functional multi-team environment.
- Continuous Improvement: Demonstrate a commitment to continually improve, share learning with others and encourage team development.
What is a Must Have?
- 2 years of Agile delivery experience required.
- 3 years of business and/or technology related experience required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.