Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$114,400.00 - $188,800.00
What Is the Opportunity?This position is the primary point of accountability to Business Partners and other parties for the management and implementation of the multiple large size Projects or medium to large sized Programs that support achievement of complex unit or corporate goals.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive prioritization and planning forums
- Implement/adhere to Agile 2.0 governance forums, practices and processes
- Refine/define the governance practice as needed across Value Streams to ensure consistency across the BCO
- Support continued development of governance artifacts (e.g., Value Stream and Circle Narratives)
- Engage with value stream/circle leadership
- Drive discussions with Value Stream and or Circle Leads on execution against strategy?
- Support in identifying gaps, dependencies that exist within a given Circle
- Development of Circle and Value Stream level roadmaps
- Support Value Stream and Circle Leads related to Capacity re-alignment- right number of teams to execute against priorities set within circles?
- Support Value Stream and Circle Leads to ensure the right level of engagement across BI is represented within the Circle and Value Stream forums?
- Lead program management of complex initiatives that cross multiple circles or value streams
- Help identify and resolve dependencies across circles and value streams
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 5 years of project management experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 9 years of project management experience preferred.
- 3 years of experience managing others and/or project teams preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Experience with Agile and Lean methodologies
- Experience leading change management, risk mitigation, and/or project implementation
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to drive consensus
- Proven record of working collaboratively with management and employees at all levels of a large organization
- Proven track record in building strong teams that fosters a winning spirit, partnership focus, financial discipline, teamwork, and a high sense of integrity
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.