Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$57,200.00 - $94,400.00
What Is the Opportunity?Are you ready to join a world class organization handling Ceded Reinsurance Claims? The Travelers Ceded Reinsurance team is critical to managing risk and ensuring enterprise growth. As a Sr. Analyst, you will review, analyze, process and collect moderately complex reinsurance claims. In this role, you will be a valued team contributor helping Travelers and its various business groups meet important financial goals that directly impact the bottom line.
What Will You Do?
- Identify, review and confirm reinsurance coverage for losses, specifically complex claims such as asbestos, hazardous waste, pollution and other cumulative injury (eg. abuse, CTE).
- Calculate, analyze and record proper financial results and all losses within company guidelines and issue timely notices, updates and billings for losses covered under our reinsurance contracts.
- Consult with internal and external partners to collect reinsurance receivables, and work with manager to resolve moderately complex reinsurer questions and disputes.
- Participate in various Ceded Reinsurance/Company projects and initiatives.
- Maintain positive relationships with business unit, brokers, and reinsurer contacts to meet business unit needs and foster long-term relationships.
- Occasionally attend reinsurer and broker meetings to discuss assigned claims/issues.
- Occasionally onboard and train new team members and/or provide mentoring to less experienced staff members.
- May conduct reinsurer and quality assurance audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's degree.
- Thorough knowledge of insurance/reinsurance concepts for the assigned line(s) of business with a general understanding of Travelers reinsurance program.
- Working towards professional designation (MBA, JD, ARe, CPCU).
- Intermediate verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to respond quickly to changing priorities while following through to ensure timely completion.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Intermediate analytical, problem resolution, decision making and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new situations and changing priorities.
What is a Must Have?
- Two years of related insurance and/or reinsurance experience.
- Occasionally meet with external clients and have the ability to travel to meetings.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.