Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$142,600.00 - $235,200.00
What Is the Opportunity?The Senior Director of Vulnerability Management will provide strategic and tactical oversight to the design, planning and execution of vulnerability related road map priorities. Responsibilities will include, concurrently managing multiple engagements with enterprise-wide business significance, understanding internal opportunities while balancing to industry best practices, leading thought leadership in this space and assessing resourcing needs (direct and matrixed).
What Will You Do?
- Lead strategic planning/roadmap creation for Vulnerability Management.
- Lead to inform, advise and collaborate with technology leadership and business units to mitigate risk in internal- and external-facing systems
- Regularly report on the state of vulnerabilities including criticality, exploit probability, business impact and remediation to security and IT leadership
- Prioritize vulnerability remediation based on criticality, exploit probability, rating, and business risk exposure
- Remain current with emerging threats and share knowledge to improve security posture
- Define key performance indicators and metrics to illustrate efficacy with vulnerability management
- Automate asset inventory and vulnerability discovery and reporting, partner with Enterprise Architecture in proof of concept for new capabilities
- Develop threat and vulnerability policies, service-level agreements, and procedures
- Provide educational content on how to remediate vulnerabilities
- Leads with responsibilities to configure, test, document and implement new or upgrades to major, highly complex security processes, controls or products as directed.
- May directly manage the configuration, testing, documentation, and implementation of upgrades to vulnerability management processes, controls or products as directed.
- Propose/evaluate/recommend purchases and/or licensed software products to identify and address security exposures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline preferred.
- Ten+ years of relevant experience with Cybersecurity practices, processes, and Cybersecurity event investigation/resolution preferred.
- Five years of experience leading others and/or technical teams preferred.
- Broad knowledge of all IT related technologies with subject matter expertise in IT Security related technology and business exposures impacting organizational vitality preferred.
- Experience leading organizational change preferred.
- Demonstrates advanced analytic and diagnostic skills dealing with often novel and not readily defined, lack known precedent or appear contradictory.
- Able to develop solutions by applying accepted processes or is able to create new approaches to leverage technology from abstract innovation.
- Sees the big picture and is fully aware of technology and business directions.
- Has department, corporate, and group objectives in focus while identifying and removing barriers.
- Optimizes the use of all available resources.
- Maintains effective partnerships across the organization, and is able to influence senior management, peers and subordinates through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities and knowledge.
- Balances team and individual priorities.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Puts success of team above own interest.
- Manages cross functional objectives and/or priorities supporting an assigned business area(s).
- Responsibilities are assigned with considerable latitude for decision-making.
- Results reviewed periodically according to predefined objectives.
- Sets level of risk-taking and gathers/synthesizes information to all appropriate levels of the organization.
Planning & Project Management:
- Ensures all planning done on the area level is supportive of the business strategic plans.
- Delegates appropriately while maintaining accountability.
- Sees that projects are assigned by workload and staff capabilities.
- Completes projects accurately and on time.
- Critical planning is required as modifications are difficult and costly and may impair achieving of departmental and corporate objectives.
- Change requires reassessing and adjusting tactical and/or operational direction.
What is a Must Have?
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Seven years of experience in a Cybersecurity, Risk, Technology or related field required.
- Two years of experience managing others and/or technical teams required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.