Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$71,600.00 - $118,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?Develops the skills, through independent and on-the-job training, to become an investment analyst. This two-year program introduces individuals interested in, and with an aptitude for, a career in the investment management industry to all aspects of the fixed income capital markets. The position will provide meaningful, challenging work opportunities in various areas of the fixed income department. The program is designed to emphasize one of two tracks, credit or quantitative, and involves both project-oriented and recurring assignments in support of fixed income analysts and portfolio managers.
What Will You Do?
- Associate Analysts play an active role in evaluating new and existing securities, sectors and asset classes. Core responsibilities include:
- Monitoring news and externally generated research pertinent to existing and potential securities holdings and communicating this information in a timely and effective manner.
- Presentation of historical and pro forma financial statement results and associated credit analysis ratios.
- Utilizing analytics software and databases to develop or refine tools and models used in credit, securities and portfolio analysis process.
- Preparation of reports designed to track deal flow or identify credit or portfolio performance trends.
- Fundamental credit, sector and asset class research.
- Representing Travelers with respect to in-person, telephonic and webcast issuer investment, sell-side or rating agency presentations.
- Presenting investment, portfolio and/or sector analysis in formal and ad-hoc meeting formats.
- Associate Analysts play an active role in the use and development of models and processes for analyzing portfolio performance and risk. Core responsibilities include:
- Utilizing software modeling and analytical tools, databases and other decision aids in support of recurring and ad-hoc portfolio, transaction, and credit analysis needs.
- Performing return attribution analysis and evaluating the results.
- Designing and building enhanced analytics for modeling fixed income securities.
- Participating in the development and implementation of new tools, models and reports to support the portfolio management process.
- Preparing of reports designed to identify and/or monitor risk or aid in the analysis of portfolios, transactions, sectors or credits.
- Assisting in the maintenance of the treasury futures portfolio.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
Bachelor's Degree with preferred GPA of 3.5
- Team experience and internship or other practical work experience are required.
- Candidates should demonstrate initiative, leadership, versatility, follow-through, the ability to deliver quality work, the ability to think analytically and to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Credit Track: Business, Finance, Accounting, Liberal Arts, Economics
- Quantitative Track: Science, Mathematics, Engineering
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's Degree with minimum GPA of 3.5.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.