Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$91,200.00 - $150,500.00
What Is the Opportunity?At Travelers, we want to ensure our work can be done as efficient and effective as possible to deliver top-tier service and products to our customers, employees, and clients. The Technology Operations Center assists employees with their technology needs. As the Technology Operations Consultant, you will leverage your experience with many different disciplines and technologies. At the heart of it, we are seeking a Mainframe Technician to assume vital duties. You can act independently to adapt quickly to new technologies and changes and lead the team in their adaptation.
What Will You Do?
- Perform and adapt to many operational tasks (analyzing alert patterns, developing specifications for enhancements, troubleshooting slow or malfunctioning applications/infrastructure interrelationships) across a multitude of disciplines and technologies.
- Diagnose and resolve issues independently.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and training to the team to ensure they continue growing and expanding their skills.
- Consult and collaborate with the engineering teams and business units to assist them with their changes to the infrastructure and ensuring adherence to standards.
- Leverage capabilities within ServiceNow to streamline issues and workflows to maximize efficiency.
- Ensure there is effective documentation available to the team either by creating and publishing or supporting members of the team to do so.
- Monitor the mainframe environment responding to anomalies and issues in the environment.
- Take appropriate action for all mainframe alert messages and ensure follow up until resolution.
- Takes actions to correct issues and performs troubleshooting when needed.
- Performs Incident management and takes actions to resolve issues.
- Implements changes adhering to the change management process.
- Oversees and ensures IPL shutdown and startup of LPAR's is timely.
- Monitors mainframe batch and takes actions to ensure timely completion.
- Ensures all mainframe products and regions are running as scheduled.
- Escalates issues to next level of support when needed.
- Escalates issues to vendors when appropriate.
- References documentation as needed and provides update to documentation.
- Updates actions taken within the ITSM tool, ServiceNow.
- Adheres to all security policies of the Travelers.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Has a good understanding of large IBM mainframe environments.
- Understanding and experience working with IBM ZOS running on large IBM hardware footprints.
- Understanding and experience with IMS, CICS, and DB2 running on the mainframe.
- Understanding and experience with SyspLex and Jesplex environments.
- Understands scheduling products on the mainframe, such as CA7 and Idash.
- Familiar with HA and DR solutions such as SRDF, Hyperswap, and GDPS.
- Has a general understanding of Distributed, Network, and Cloud disciplines.
- Is a good communicator.
- Works well within a diversified team.
- Good written communicator.
- Manage and prioritize between important and urgent tasks.
- The position requires working at night and or weekends.
- The shifts may be 12 hours and the work week fluctuates from three days one week to four the next
- The position may require additional coverage due to staffing or workload.
What is a Must Have?
- Five years of proficiency with one or more technologies across Mainframe, Network, Voice, Distributed and Cloud based systems.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.