Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The hourly salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual hourly rate for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$23.00 - $24.00
What Is the Opportunity?The goal of the Operations Leadership Development Program (OLDP) internship is to attract and develop self-motivated individuals who are highly skilled and passionate about a career in business operations while providing a foundation for future success within the organization. As an OLDP intern, you will be exposed to a challenging professional work experience in business operations with planned activities giving you insight into business, operations, and the many career options at Travelers. With many company-wide events such as Intern Symposium and community outreach events, you will have the opportunity to interact and network with many levels of leadership and management. You will be expected to work together with fellow interns to develop and present solutions to relevant business and operations topics.
What Will You Do?
- The internship offers an operations and business development curriculum in specific assignments in one of the areas such as:
- Operational Effectiveness & Strategy, including Process Analysis and Lean Six Sigma
- Project Leadership with Agile methodologies
- Data/Analytics using industry leading tools
- Technology & Digital Enablement to modernize business platforms
- Field Office Production environments
- Participants are also exposed to other functional teams including actuarial, finance, underwriting, and product.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- A graduation date of 2026
What is a Must Have?
- Obtained or pursuing bachelor's or master's degree required. Majors include, but are not limited to: Business Management, Economics, Finance, Insurance, Liberal Arts and Science, Risk Management, Supply Chain and Operations.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States now and in the future.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.