Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$63,000.00 - $104,000.00
What Is the Opportunity?Innovative thinking, creative problem-solving, and a determination to challenge the status-quo, these are some of the defining qualities for participants of our Engineering Development Program (EDP). The EDP is a one-year program where you will be placed in one of the four designated Engineering tracks: Software, Data, Cybersecurity or Infrastructure & Cloud. Each track is designed to grow and develop your technical and self-leadership skills. Within your assigned track, you will receive a combination of hands-on opportunities, an immersive learning journey, and a mentoring program to prepare you for a dynamic career. You will have the opportunity to explore multiple technologies while learning from different engineers within Travelers.
As an EDP participant, you will model the way for others and set a personal example of what is expected. You will be expected to positively challenge processes and identify new and innovative ways to get work done more effectively and efficiently. You will be expected to take initiative, embrace change, actively listen to, and support diverse points of view and celebrate the success of others.
What Will You Do?
- Travelers' Data Engineering team designs, builds, and tests a variety of complex data assets and applications that support our data science and business analytics communities, as well as providing key data inputs to our transactional systems. We use a dynamic and evolving set of technologies while adhering to Data Engineering best practices.
- EDP Participants in this track will partner closely with the business to refine features, plan user stories, and execute on the analysis, design, development, and testing of those user stories to deliver business capabilities to market.
- EDP participants in this track will experience an immersive learning journey focused on disruptive technologies, insurance, strategy, leading self and influencing others. Additional program components include mentoring, networking, and career guidance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater preferred.
- 3 years or less of technology related experience (may include one or more internship experiences in the Technology field).
- Exposure to Object-oriented programming (OOP) in one major language.
- Suggested majors include (but are not limited to): Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Information Systems, Data Engineering, or a related field.
- Self-starter with a strong track record of exploring new technologies, applications, and environments beyond required job and/or educational commitments.
- Strong track record of taking ownership and responsibility for actions and outcomes, performance, and results.
- Ability to proactively manage time and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to actively engage with others while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated aptitude in identifying current or future problems or opportunities, analyzing data, synthesizing, and comparing information to understand issues, identifying cause/effect relationships, and exploring alternative solutions to support sound decision making.
What is a Must Have?
- An undergraduate or graduate degree with a technology major or minor; or the successful completion of a state-licensed technical bootcamp.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States now and in the future.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.