Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The hourly salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual hourly rate for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$26.00 - $27.00
What Is the Opportunity?The goal of the Business Insights & Analytics Leadership Development Program (BI&A LDP) internship is to attract and develop self-motivated individuals who are highly skilled and passionate about a career in analytics while providing a foundation for future success within the organization.
As a BI&A LDP intern, business intelligence, you will be exposed to a challenging professional work experience in business insights & analytics community with planned activities giving you insight into business, analytics, and the many data career options at Travelers. With many company-wide events such as Intern Symposium and community outreach events, you will have the opportunity to interact and network with many levels of leadership and management. You will be expected to work together with fellow interns to develop and present solutions to relevant business and analytics topics.
Housing - The Internship program is based in Hartford, CT and St. Paul, MN. Positions are available in our Business Units and Corporate Departments. Subsidized apartments are available for students who live beyond a commutable distance from Hartford, CT or St. Paul, MN. Positions are available early June through the end of the summer.
What Will You Do?
- You'll utilize Travelers largest competitive edge - its data, in drawing meaningful business insights to enhance our business results. This community works within traditional areas of business insights & analytics and emerging capabilities within artificial intelligence, big data, and social media/consumer/text analytics. Our interns work with key stakeholders in our business to identify challenges and create actionable solutions using a blend of business and technical skills. Be prepared to work with relational databases, reporting systems, discovery tools, or pilot new proofs of concept.
- Your internship could be placed in one of following different areas: business insights delivery, data engineering, decision science, data management, business performance analytics or agile roles.
- This role works with business customers to determine how location intelligence data and analytic solutions can be leveraged to provide business insights for business strategies, capabilities, and processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- Related internship/data work experience.
- SQL experience strongly preferred, experience with dashboarding, scorecard, or reporting tools a plus.
- Python and/or SAS literacy.
- Accountability: Strong track record of taking ownership and responsibility for actions and outcomes, performance, and results.
- Analytical and Critical Thinking: Demonstrated aptitude in identifying current or future problems or opportunities, analyzing data, synthesizing and comparing information to understand issues, identifying cause/effect relationships and exploring alternative solutions to support sound decision making.
- Change Management/Resilience: Ability to remain energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Customer Focus: Proven customer service skills with the ability to provide service excellence to internal or external clients.
- Emotional Intelligence: Demonstrated track record of self and social awareness, empathy and balances confidence with humility.
- Interpersonal: Excellent communication skills with the ability to actively engage with others while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Judgment/Decision Making: Capability of exercising sound judgment, making decisions and committing to a position.
- Leveraging Differences: Proven capacity to works with and include people from different backgrounds, experiences, cultures, races, etc. and view those differences as assets to be leveraged to accomplish business goals and objectives.
- Relationship Management: Strong relationship management skills including the ability to seek out, build, foster and maintain productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results.
- Teamwork: Ability to work together in situations when actions are interdependent, and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
- Work Ethic: Possession of a strong drive to do what it takes to get the job done; inquisitive and demonstrates a strong willingness to learn.
What is a Must Have?
- Obtained or pursuing a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) bachelor's or master's degree required.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States now and in the future.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.