Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$72,200.00 - $119,200.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under general direction, leads a team of 12-18 Sales Advisors in a call center environment. Responsibilities include the development of staff and processes to ensure high quality service to all customers and to enhance marketing, sales, and underwriting performance. Leads assigned team to reach the overall organization objectives.
What Will You Do?
- Allocates resources (staff, dollars, and training) to meet unit sales and business goals.
- Mentors, trains, and coaches to foster development and professional growth.
- Initiates and fosters teamwork within the team and with other teams to create and maintain an environment of partnership, quality service, and superior sales results.
- Serves as an expert resource on sales process, procedures, and techniques by maintaining and enhancing product, process, communication and sales skills.
- Manages team and individual goals and performance measures, monitor progress toward these goals.
- Conducts team meetings to keep staff informed regarding results and any process, procedural or policy changes.
- Accountable for decisions related to hiring, promotions, compensation and termination decisions for team.
- Reviews day to day operations and quality to ensure adherence to all policies, procedures, and programs.
- Ensures unit & departmental performance measures are met or exceeded including inbound call management and outbound call performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- College degree preferred.
- 4 years experience in an insurance, sales center or customer sales environment preferred.
- 2 years of management experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of business products, processes and procedures.
- Thorough communication, negotiation, supervisory and people development skills.
- Thorough performance management and problem solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of product and associated processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong keyboard and systems navigation skills
- Skillful with Word and Excel
- Thorough knowledge of business center/insurance operations.
- Superior customer service and policy service skills.
- Advanced interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Advanced problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
What is a Must Have?
- 2 years experience in an insurance or call center environment required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.